• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential violation for urine analysis accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

Ok thanks for clarifying that. My apologies. In the dorm at max there 100 people. A good 60 to 70 of those inmates were there for probation violations. I spoke to quite a few of them and saw their paper work. It was common to see very small violations being the reason some guys spent up to 3 months in jail. Definitely more than half. Better?
No. Not better. At that jail/prison at that time that is what you encountered. But that is not reliable statistics. If you wanted to give a good source you could go online and find the stat's for OP state and post that along with a link to the source used.

Dubdidit361

Here is a (fairly recent) study on Connecticut recidivism and probation/parole revocations:

https://law.yale.edu/system/files/area/clinic/document/cjc_parole_revocation_report.final.9.21.17.pdf
Intresting read. It is sad how quickly defendants give up their rights or are swindled out of their rights. My friend came over today..he was given 5 years probation for a robbery. From what he tells me is that he gave the merchandise back to the clerk once they followed him and left. Once outside he picked up a big rock and cracked the stores window..yes hes an idiot for that ,but guilty of robbery?? No. His court appointed lawyer met with him..admitted that he sidnt look over video evidence or witness testimony..nor did he mention the window but advised my friend to sign for 5 years probation to avoid a 20 year sentence. Whether or not my friend was being honest with ne about the chain events are not is one thing but the fact that the lawyer waz so quick to tell his client to waive his rights and sign is troubling. My friend has never bedn im trouble but the threat of 0f 20 years scared them. Tbe article you published mentioned how most defendants are not able to defend themselves legally therefore the system seemingly takes advantage of the uneducated. Tis a sad situation nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">