• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Nup sign help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

Read the thread to get the idea what is the point of discussion .
I am trying to resolve the issue .
Ok, you have to understand that there are no methods to resolve the situation. There is no method legally, for you to have part of your wages be separate property. Even if that were to be included in a pre-nup. It would turn the pre-nup into a worthless piece of paper.

The only way to accomplish what you want to accomplish is to never get married.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
yes and That's why I asked Is there any way I can keep some percentage (50%) of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )
It may not be protected. Pre-nups are not upheld in MANY situations. So no.. you know the issue. You know you are entering into a marriage with someone with said issue. You don't get to determine that you don't want to deal with that issue as a married couple.

It may not be protected. Pre-nups are not upheld in MANY situations. So no.. you know the issue. You know you are entering into a marriage with someone with said issue. You don't get to determine that you don't want to deal with that issue as a married couple.
Thank you. It helped.
But can I add this to pre-nup that debt occurred due to individual loan can be separated out and other person is not responsible for it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you. It helped.
But can I add this to pre-nup that debt occurred due to individual loan can be separated out and other person is not responsible for it.
It depends on when the debt was incurred. Again, your attorney is the best person to advise you. Also, you will want to make sure she has her own separate attorney review the document.

OP's problem will be resolved when his Intended understands what he's trying to do, and heads for the hills. (At top speed, probably.)
I have already discussed about my concerns and about prenup with her. I am not trying to sneak in something without her knowledge. Dont judge others if you dont know the complete story . It is easy to point out or end an issue, rather than resolving it. Thanks for your concern.

LdiJ

Thank you. It helped.
Probably not. One thing however that you have to understand, is that a prenup has to be written by and attorney, and she must have her own attorney review the prenup and advise her whether or not to sign. No attorney is going to advise someone to sign off on some of the kinds of things that you want to put in a prenup.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The point you are missing is that we wouldn't marry a drug addict. You want to marry said addict. And think a prenup will help you. That is the difference.
Exactly. Drug addict, surgery addict - those are deal breakers.

Not sure what you do for living.
What? There are many careers out there that don't require cosmetic surgery. Why are you shocked?

But you are suggesting that rather than resolving the issue , Just END the project.
It seems if anything is repugnant to you , then you just ends it for all rather than resolving it.
Yep. Better to be alone than settling for someone I can't respect.

Probably not. One thing however that you have to understand, is that a prenup has to be written by and attorney, and she must have her own attorney review the prenup and advise her whether or not to sign. No attorney is going to advise someone to sign off on some of the kinds of things that you want to put in a prenup.
We (my GF and I) have discussed about the debts. And she agreed that if any one take personal loans during marriage then the other person should not be held responsible for the debt during divorce.
So I am just trying to understand if it is acceptable in Pre-nups to add this clause and will it be legal ?

Just Blue

We (my GF and I) have discussed about the debts. And she agreed that if any one take personal loans during marriage then the other person should not be held responsible for the debt during divorce.
So I am just trying to understand if it is acceptable in Pre-nups to add this clause and will it be legal ?
Hire an attorney(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">