• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Nup sign help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I don't like sushi. So dont go to sushi dinner .ROFL
If you get the chance, then read the complete question and answer it if you can ?
For dinner suggestions I can use Yelp. Lol
Just to clarify: you really meant $60 and $90, not $60K and $90K?

Alimony is not as common nowadays, and is usually offered on only a short term basis if both parties are still capable of working and being self supporting. There are exceptions, such as longer term marriages and where it cannot reasonably be expected for one party to continue without support.

If you are both self supporting, and the marriage doesn't pan out, it's simply not likely that either party will owe the other alimony. Yes, the law allows for it, but a lot of things can change if you stay married for a while. People have kids, people advance in their career, your health can change...

It is very difficult to write an air-tight prenup, and frankly your circumstances, as described, don't merit one.

Your obsessive concern with protecting yourself, and maintaining a financial barrier keeping out your would-be wife indicate that you are not ready for marriage. Call off the wedding. Marriage requires the willingness to share. You do not have a generous heart. You will only make your wife bitter because no matter what she does, you are suspicious that she's out to take advantage of you.

Just to clarify: you really meant $60 and $90, not $60K and $90K?

Alimony is not as common nowadays, and is usually offered on only a short term basis if both parties are still capable of working and being self supporting. There are exceptions, such as longer term marriages and where it cannot reasonably be expected for one party to continue without support.

If you are both self supporting, and the marriage doesn't pan out, it's simply not likely that either party will owe the other alimony. Yes, the law allows for it, but a lot of things can change if you stay married for a while. People have kids, people advance in their career, your health can change...

It is very difficult to write an air-tight prenup, and frankly your circumstances, as described, don't merit one.

Your obsessive concern with protecting yourself, and maintaining a financial barrier keeping out your would-be wife indicate that you are not ready for marriage. Call off the wedding. Marriage requires the willingness to share. You do not have a generous heart. You will only make your wife bitter because no matter what she does, you are suspicious that she's out to take advantage of you.
Thank you for your response and suggestion.
Is there any way I can keep some percentage (50%) of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )

What does that mean?

At this point, she is not going to agree with a pre-nup. You really ought to move on to someone else. That is legal and personal advice.
She said she will sign Pre-nup, but not waive the alimony. Instead she said she can add a clause to the alimony that if the difference between our pays are more than 50% or more then I Need to pay the alimony.
Also, Can I add this to Pre-Nup that I keep some percentage (50%) of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Thank you for your response and suggestion.
Is there any way I can keep some percentage (50%) of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )
I get the feeling that you did not read my post.

Hell, you can each deposit your paychecks into separate individual accounts and then have a joint account that you deposit equal amounts into for joint expenses. That doesn't have to be in a prenup.

But guess what? Depending on how nit picky you are, this can get old really quick. And it sounds like you're really petty that way.

Let me put it one way: suppose after 3 months of marriage, she has a health event and is unable to work. Will you stand by her? Or will you keep a running tally of every dime of your pay that is spent on her while she is unable to match it and try to present a bill to her when you divorce?

Let me put it another way: suppose after 3 months of marriage, YOU have a health event, and are unable to work. Do you think she'd begrudge you her money?

I get the feeling that you did not read my post.

Hell, you can each deposit your paychecks into separate individual accounts and then have a joint account that you deposit equal amounts into for joint expenses. That doesn't have to be in a prenup.

But guess what? Depending on how nit picky you are, this can get old really quick. And it sounds like you're really petty that way.

Let me put it one way: suppose after 3 months of marriage, she has a health event and is unable to work. Will you stand by her? Or will you keep a running tally of every dime of your pay that is spent on her while she is unable to match it and try to present a bill to her when you divorce?

Let me put it another way: suppose after 3 months of marriage, YOU have a health event, and are unable to work. Do you think she'd begrudge you her money?
I get your point. If there are health issues, then obviously I will support her. She was not working last year and still she was living with me and I took care of her.
But she loves to spend on surgeries to look beautiful and she already did many times before. And I dont spend my money un-necessarily like this.
My concern is she will keep spending her money like this . And even if I save my money and in case she leaves me , she still will get whatever I saved.

Let me say it this way . You have a boyfriend and but sometimes she spends all money on Drugs. Now you wanna marry with him. So will you marry him knowing that he may spend all his money on drugs and when you wanna take divorce from him then he will get your saved money too ?
Can you suggest what should I do with the above concern I have ? You judged me without knowing any details. Seems like you are a girl and trying to support her. But get into my shoes and then think about it.
That's why I asked Is there any way I can keep some percentage (50%) of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I get your point. If there are health issues, then obviously I will support her. She was not working last year and still she was living with me and I took care of her.
But she loves to spend on surgeries to look beautiful and she already did many times before. And I dont spend my money un-necessarily like this.
My concern is she will keep spending her money like this . And even if I save my money and in case she leaves me , she still will get whatever I saved.

Let me say it this way . You have a boyfriend and but sometimes she spends all money on Drugs. Now you wanna marry with him. So will you marry him knowing that he may spend all his money on drugs and when you wanna take divorce from him then he will get your saved money too ?
Can you suggest what should I do with the above concern I have ? You judged me without knowing any details. Seems like you are a girl and trying to support her. But get into my shoes and then think about it.
That's why I asked Is there any way I can keep some percentage (50%) of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )

Hope this helps.
The point you are missing is that we wouldn't marry a drug addict. You want to marry said addict. And think a prenup will help you. That is the difference.

The point you are missing is that we wouldn't marry a drug addict. You want to marry said addict. And think a prenup will help you. That is the difference.
yes and That's why I asked Is there any way I can keep some percentage (50%) of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )

Don't get married. Seriously.

And don't tell us that you don't like the result of her surgeries.
Not sure what you do for living. But you are suggesting that rather than resolving the issue , Just END the project.
It seems if anything is repugnant to you , then you just ends it for all rather than resolving it.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Not sure what you do for living. But you are suggesting that rather than resolving the issue , Just END the project. And I i would have never thought of it right ? Thanks .
Seems kinda dumb to get married when you are here planning the divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">