• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Nup sign help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
Can I add this to Pre-Nup that I keep some percentage (50%) of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
My girl friend makes 60$ annually and I make 90$ annually . I will be getting some inheritance property from my parents .
1. Should I sign the pre-nup agreement before marriage to make sure that I will keep my inherited property in case of divorce?
2. Also, I dont want to pay any alimony. Can I include this in pre-nup ?
3. We are planning to have joint account and put 50% of our income in it for our household use. And rest of 50% for our personal use in personal separate accounts. In case of divorce, will the separate personal accounts be divided equally ? Or, is there any way I can keep the separate account money not included in the division?

Thanks in advance.
An inheritance is automatically separate property as long as it is not comingled with marital assets. Alimony is highly unlikely in your case since both of you have decent wages. Should that change in the future a prenup might not hold anyway.

Wages are marital assets. Again, money that is inherited can be kept as separate property.

If you are this worried about money and stuff, then maybe you shouldn't be getting married.

Just Blue

Wages are marital assets. Again, money that is inherited can be kept as separate property.

If you are this worried about money and stuff, then maybe you shouldn't be getting married.
Agreed. OP is not a multimillion money earner. He is, in MA world, middle class.

Last edited:
An inheritance is automatically separate property as long as it is not comingled with marital assets. Alimony is highly unlikely in your case since both of you have decent wages. Should that change in the future a prenup might not hold anyway.

Thanks for suggestion.
I live with my GF and every time we fight , she says
"I dont want to stay with you and I"ll leave you ".
I am not a millionaire but just trying to protect my hard earned money . Is there any way I can keep some percentage of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks for suggestion.
I am not a millionaire but just trying to protect my hard earned money . Is there any way I can keep some percentage of my wages into separate account that is not included into marital assets ? ( any clause in prenup I can add )

Thank you.
That's a a great question for the attorney you have to represent you.

Just Blue

Thanks for suggestion.
Don't get married.

How in the world do you support yourselves making $150 a year between the two of you? That's not even a sushi dinner with drinks in many places....
I don't like sushi. So dont go to sushi dinner .ROFL
If you get the chance, then read the complete question and answer it if you can ?
For dinner suggestions I can use Yelp. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">