• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

printing poorly formatted legal statutes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Thanks, that could be useful to me at some point. The scope of the thread is really just about how to get the law in a readable format, and how/whether to present it to the court in a hearing. I mentioned Ohio b/c that's where I have an immediate need, but I was also interested in general answers since I travel quite heavily and have activities in different states. Perhaps I'll code a pretty printer for law if I get the urge -- as it seems if I did, I would not be repeating an effort that has already been done.
Just don't start yet another thread. Keep all your questions to one thread, please.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
@Zigner You simply quoted the publicly accessible portion that states "State Board of Education shall.. Develop rules..". Of course the referring law is accessible, but not the rules that the BoE is obligated to write. Where are the rules that § 115C-402.5 (b)(2) directs the BoE to write?
The site you linked as being a walled garden for the rules/regulations that the state Board of Education (BOE) was directed to write was a private organization and not the BOE. The actual regulations issued by the BOE are found in Title 16 of North Carolina Administrative Code (NCAC). Title 16 contains the regulations related to Education. The state regulations are hosted by the state by the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH). And indeed, the BOE on its site links you to the OAH site, which you can see here: BOE rules. If you don't find the rules for student privacy that you need there then the place to ask about whether rules were ever issued and where to find them is the BOE itself. Did you try that? Perhaps the BOE just never got around to issuing regulations for that.

In any event, the actual state regulations issued by the BOE are certainly not only available through a private firm. Private firms can make it easier to get, but you can find the rules by other means if you know how to go about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">