• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro se litigant Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

What does your case center on? The District Court appears from what you have said so far to be the proper court for your appeal.

Lets be clear about my subject, I'm hear to get understanding on the rules and additional questions like one I just posted. Not here to discuss my case. The questions are simple to answer if your well versed in the Court System and there's no need for dialog.

According to GUIDE FOR PRO SE LITIGANTS:

Generally, pro se litigants are held to the same standards of professional responsibility as trained attorneys. It is a pro se litigant’s responsibility to become familiar with and to comply with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Local Rules of the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico (the “Local Rules”). These rules set forth the general procedural requirements for litigating cases in federal court.

This is the topic of this thread. The more I understand this, the more I know how to handle my case.

quincy

Lets be clear about my subject, I'm hear to get understanding on the rules and additional questions like one I just posted. Not here to discuss my case. The questions are simple to answer if your well versed in the Court System and there's no need for dialog.

Generally, pro se litigants are held to the same standards of professional responsibility as trained attorneys. It is a pro se litigant’s responsibility to become familiar with and to comply with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Local Rules of the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico (the “Local Rules”). These rules set forth the general procedural requirements for litigating cases in federal court.

This is the topic of this thread. The more I understand this, the more I know how to handle my case.
Ah. Okay. It looks like you have a lot of studying to do. Good luck.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He has a different user name. Apparently some didn't catch it but yep... he has more than one user name on this site. He is a game player and now I call troll on him.

Does this place actually have professional members with knowledge of the Court System?

Quote the whole statement, "The questions are simple to answer if your well versed in the Court System and there's no need for dialog. ", Its referring to the ones who keep trying to either avoid the question because they don't have the knowledge to answer it correctly or just pretenders.

Clowns are not wanted, just professionals with Court System knowledge please.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Does this place actually have professional members with knowledge of the Court System?

Quote the whole statement, "The questions are simple to answer if your well versed in the Court System and there's no need for dialog. ", Its referring to the ones who keep trying to either avoid the question because they don't have the knowledge to answer it correctly or just pretenders.

Clowns are not wanted, just professionals with Court System knowledge please.
I am an attorney. You are a troll. Go pay someone. You posted under another user name on this thread... then deleted that post B something or other and posted under this user name. You are playing games.

According to New Mexico Courts, About the Courts, in handling appeals say,

Court of Appeals:
This court has mandatory jurisdiction in: civil, non-capital criminal, juvenile cases; Discretionary jurisdiction in interlocutory decision cases and administrative agency appeals.

and,

District Court:
These are courts of general jurisdiction which hold jury trials.

This court will hear these types of cases: Tort, contract, real property rights, and estate. Exclusive domestic relations, mental health, appeals for administrative agencies and lower courts, miscellaneous civil jurisdiction; Misdemeanor. Exclusive criminal appeals jurisdiction; Exclusive juvenile jurisdiction.

My case definitely by any shape of imagination needs a trial, its too simple. What's the difference between them both?
Can anyone answer this question? Had to put clowns on ignore, because their hi jacking my thread with dialog not pertaining to the topic. The same will be done to anyone else who does the same.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
See, here's the thing. If the information requested was not necessary to provide you with the answer you want, we wouldn't ask for it in the first place. It's your belief that the information is not necessary, but that only headlines the fact that you're in over your head. No one here is sufficiently interested in you to ask for information that's not pertinent to answering your question.

If you don't want to provide any information to us, fine. No one here is obligated to provide any information to you.

Can anyone answer this question? Had to put clowns on ignore, because their hi jacking my thread with dialog not pertaining to the topic. The same will be done to anyone else who does the same.

According to New Mexico Courts, About the Courts, in handling appeals say,

Court of Appeals:
This court has mandatory jurisdiction in: civil, non-capital criminal, juvenile cases; Discretionary jurisdiction in interlocutory decision cases and administrative agency appeals.

and,

District Court:
These are courts of general jurisdiction which hold jury trials.

This court will hear these types of cases: Tort, contract, real property rights, and estate. Exclusive domestic relations, mental health, appeals for administrative agencies and lower courts, miscellaneous civil jurisdiction; Misdemeanor. Exclusive criminal appeals jurisdiction; Exclusive juvenile jurisdiction.

My case definitely by any shape of imagination needs a trial, its too simple. What's the difference between them both?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Your appeal from the NM administrative agency decision generally goes to NM state district court. In this role the district court is functioning like an appeals court, not a trial court. As a result, there would be no jury and no trial. Rather, the proceeding is done as a review of the record of the administrative proceeding. You don't get to introduce any new evidence (and neither does the agency) in the district court and the decision on the matter is made by the judge, not a jury.

Then the losing party in district court may appeal the matter to the NM Court of Appeals, if he or she has grounds for appeal. But, as indicated in what you quoted from the court web site, this appeal is discretionary. This means that while the losing party in the district court may file for appeal to the Court of Appeals, the Court of Appeals does not have to hear the appeal. It can say it refuses to hear the case, in which case the district court's decision would remain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">