• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property for sale / how to avoid the sale of your property being transformed into trailer park or tent city

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
Curious as to how the property is zoned and what your county rules are pertaining to septic systems if this property doesnt have city sewer to it . EG if the property is zoned agricultural and allows for one to two housing units then thats it if your right on the edge of a town no restrictions make the property more valuable since sooner or later the town my grow enough to bring water and sewer out there.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Who said squat about an HOA?

I'm dealing with properties here without an HOA that were subdivided off a large parcel and contain development conditions in the deed that comprised that subsdivision.
I'd have to see the deeds to see what was going on then. There would need to be something there that gives the neighbors an interest in the deed restriction on the property. Simply being a neighbor to a property with a deed restriction, without more, doesn't entitle that neighbor to enforce the deed restriction. The neighbor was not a party to the deal and has no interest in it.


Senior Member
I'm sorry, but do they have that entitlement in my state. Of course, doing a little research in Alabama, perpetual deed restrictions may not be enforceable period, so it's a moot point.


Senior Member
A friend of mine inherited a small airport. Prior to passing, his grandfather granted rights (building?, timber?) to the state Fish and Game commission making the land unable to be developed.


Senior Member
A valid option could be to learn if the property can be given conditionally in writing so it cannot be sold for redevelopment such as houses or to be made into industrial land to the county to create a county park .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential