• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proserpina10

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelyn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? who cares

You have been a member since 2009!!!!! LMAO You found someone bigger and badder than you. So you closed a thread despite the fact that I am actually correct. You never did provide your credentials.

No one can force a 17 year old to get into a car with anyone unless of course you are going to hold that person at gun point. Grow a pair. Don't ellicit for a fight unless you plan on staying in the ring.

Proserpina

You have been a member since 2009!!!!! LMAO You found someone bigger and badder than you. So you closed a thread despite the fact that I am actually correct. You never did provide your credentials.

No one can force a 17 year old to get into a car with anyone unless of course you are going to hold that person at gun point. Grow a pair. Don't ellicit for a fight unless you plan on staying in the ring.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only person who can close a thread is either yourself, or admin.

Now for the legally correct answer:

A 17 year cannot - as YOU stated - refuse to go on court-ordered visitation. If s/he does, the parent can be held in contempt. The teen does NOT get to make the decision.

Understand?

:rolleyes:

Isis1

admin closed it. to stop you from yabbering about. she'll do it again.

A 17 year cannot - as YOU stated - refuse to go on court-ordered visitation. If s/he does, the parent can be held in contempt. The teen does NOT get to make the decision.

Understand?

Me thinks, they do not. Let them be foolish and eat cake!

icelyn

Key words here

Understand?

Completely understand but are you going to hold a gun to a 17 year old to force her to see someone she doesn't want to see. And the 17 can go into court to testify as to his/her reasons for not wishing to see dad. More than likely a Judge is not going to find the parent in contempt. It is going to be a waste of the court's time. Looking at the age of the child and how close s/he is to becoming 18. Don't know about your family courts but ours are back logged. Our Judges typically refer cases for mediation.

Proserpina

Would that be one of your cheesecakes, my friend?

Ooooh I'll have some cheesecake, my lovely!

I'd like a slice because I'm afraid the Ravens are going to come back like they did last week and actually win against the Hawks.

They're not allowed to win. ;) :D

Rushia

Ooooh I'll have some cheesecake, my lovely!

I'd like a slice because I'm afraid the Ravens are going to come back like they did last week and actually win against the Hawks.

They're not allowed to win. ;) :D
Ahhh, but Muchneeded is a friend of mine and is OBSESSED with cheesecake. You two should be friends on FB.

Humusluvr

Completely understand but are you going to hold a gun to a 17 year old to force her to see someone she doesn't want to see. And the 17 can go into court to testify as to his/her reasons for not wishing to see dad. More than likely a Judge is not going to find the parent in contempt. It is going to be a waste of the court's time. Looking at the age of the child and how close s/he is to becoming 18. Don't know about your family courts but ours are back logged. Our Judges typically refer cases for mediation.
That is completely and totally wrong. Bad. False. Incorrect.

I will bet you a MILLION dollars that my child, no matter how big or smart mouthed he gets in the future, will get into his dad's car if I tell him to. Because if he doesn't, there would be heck to pay at my house.

If you don't like the rules, or the court order, get it changed. A 16, 17, or two months away from 18 year old does NOT get to decide.

You have no clue what you're talking about. So just stop.

icelyn

Are you all

That is completely and totally wrong. Bad. False. Incorrect.

I will bet you a MILLION dollars that my child, no matter how big or smart mouthed he gets in the future, will get into his dad's car if I tell him to. Because if he doesn't, there would be heck to pay at my house.

If you don't like the rules, or the court order, get it changed. A 16, 17, or two months away from 18 year old does NOT get to decide.

You have no clue what you're talking about. So just stop.
in some secret society? Take some parenting classes. And if you read her new thread, dad has given child the option not to go.

Humusluvr

in some secret society? Take some parenting classes. And if you read her new thread, dad has given child the option not to go.
yes, we're all in a secret society. We run a parenting class, in fact, a whole group devoted to not parenting like we see you all suggesting to do. Abhorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">