• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled by hair with uncomfortable question at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I work in a restaurant and was jerked/ pulled by my hair by a man and also ask if my breasts were real. He also brushed and cupped another workers breast the same night. The man's membership was suspended for 60 days. My husband works in the same establishment. We are concerned that when the suspension is over he will taunt my husband and be rude or worse to me. This has caused issues with the management also. We are both considering quitting because of this. Do we have any rights or options?

HRZ

You have a right everyday of the week to quit .

At least as posted, management took what they felt were appropriate actions to address the improper / client /customer behavior . You might feel and I might agree that customer should be banned for life ...but my vote doesn't count ...you can vote with your feet .

quincy

I work in a restaurant and was jerked/ pulled by my hair by a man and also ask if my breasts were real. He also brushed and cupped another workers breast the same night. The man's membership was suspended for 60 days. My husband works in the same establishment. We are concerned that when the suspension is over he will taunt my husband and be rude or worse to me. This has caused issues with the management also. We are both considering quitting because of this. Do we have any rights or options?
What is the name of your state, Daphneastone?

"Membership" in a restaurant?

What the man did is assault you and the other employee. Were police called?

A link to the general definition of assault and battery: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault_and_battery

Last edited:
We are unhappy with the manner in which it was handled. This person has been rude to some degree to many other employees and members and it has been "swept under the rug" with a that's just the way he is. We kind of feel like this one member that has already caused problems is being put before us and the other lady. We were called for a meeting for she and I to sit in on and the accused to aplogize. When the meeting started we were told that the other lady and I had to go in separately and alone. Mind you that would be me, 4 men I barely know and the man that did this minutes after meeting me. I was told that he had a right to face his accusers.

quincy

We are unhappy with the manner in which it was handled. This person has been rude to some degree to many other employees and members and it has been "swept under the rug" with a that's just the way he is. We kind of feel like this one member that has already caused problems is being put before us and the other lady. We were called for a meeting for she and I to sit in on and the accused to aplogize. When the meeting started we were told that the other lady and I had to go in separately and alone. Mind you that would be me, 4 men I barely know and the man that did this minutes after meeting me. I was told that he had a right to face his accusers.
State name?

You can file a report with the police.

You can also quit your job if you are unhappy with the way management handled the situation.

HRZ

You vote with your feet !

In the current media feeding frenzy about sexual misconduct you might be able to turn this into a media event ...but it may cost you your job anyway

quincy

You vote with your feet !

In the current media feeding frenzy about sexual misconduct you might be able to turn this into a media event ..but it may cost you your job anyway
The state or country name would help. :)

I am in Georgia. We work at a post of the American Legion, the members are veterans and immediate family members. The restaurant is open to the public as well. It had become just a bar but my husband took the kitchen over and made it a thriving restaurant with people coming in just for his food.

quincy

I am in Georgia. We work at a post of the American Legion, the members are veterans and immediate family members. The restaurant is open to the public as well. It had become just a bar but my husband took the kitchen over and made it a thriving restaurant with people coming in just for his food.
Thank you for answering my questions.

Is the member who assaulted you and the other employee a veteran?

Last edited:
The police were not called. I was in shock at first. My husband wasn't there at the time and I told him after. I was unsure of how to handle it. I was embarrassed and afraid that if I told I would be made into a fool. I also didn't want to cause problems for my husband's job. But now it has. All I did was tell what happened to me. Now I am so anxious and uncomfortable going to work at a job that I loved. And this was a good job for my husband but he feels that we have both been disrespected.

quincy

The police were not called. I was in shock at first. My husband wasn't there at the time and I told him after. I was unsure of how to handle it. I was embarrassed and afraid that if I told I would be made into a fool. I also didn't want to cause problems for my husband's job. But now it has. All I did was tell what happened to me. Now I am so anxious and uncomfortable going to work at a job that I loved. And this was a good job for my husband but he feels that we have both been disrespected.
The incident involved a veteran?

Thank you for answering my questions.

Is the member who assaulted you and the other employee a veteran?
Yes he is. It has even been said that he is that way due to his time spent. There are many others there that have been through horrible situations in wars that still treat us like humans. I know ptsd cause many issues but does not gives him the right to be a jerk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">