• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about indiana parenting guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

happynow

I know full well who I am .
And what is your occupation, my dear? Queen bitch?

H

halbbd01

Actually you're talking to a man. I have a finance degree (BS) with honors from Indiana university and I'm currently working in the accounting deparment of a local corporation.

I posted here to help my girlfriend, but you guys are too quick to post irrelevant personal nonsense instead of the "LAW" issues in question. I'll direct your attention the title of this forum, which is family law. This forum is not called "Please give me some advise how to run my life morons."

I decided to have some fun with your arrogance and treat you the way you treated me.

I'm just going to order some family law books and educate myself. You guys are worthless. :)

*waves goodbye*

Last edited:
H

happynow

Figures, an IU grad....
You'll be back...they always do......

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
halbbd01 said:
What's wrong Stealth? You don't want to be judged by your job, like you guys judged me over a question?

haha
Heh. Not at all. It just isn't pertinent to any of this. But if it makes you feel better, I'll go as far as to say I have both a BS and an MS in a branch of Engineering from an Ivy. Which allows me to work at home and support myself and my kids very nicely, thank you.

tigger22472

happynow said:
Stealth, I'm honered to be put in the same duo with you.
halbbd01, my education level is not in question here, I have an Associates degree in applied science for aerospace maintenance, have travled the world, and put up with an ex just like you. As for the chauvinistic comment, my wife will never touch a door while I'm around, and I teach all my sons what it means to be a gentleman!
Just quoting to vouche for ya buddy!! I've seen ya'll together and met your family, I have to say you do have VERY respectfull and well mannered children! And OH YEAH.. I seriously doubt this guys' g/f could hold a candle to your wife... she has class and beauty!

You're also right about the IU comment happy... we all know that Purdue graduates only have to be told the answer once. If they don't believe it they are smart enough to research it themselves rather then argue with 'mindless idiots' like ourselves.

djohnson

Just to go back to the legal parts of the original question. OP said the order stated 4 non-consec weeks. You understand what this means right? The four weeks aren't all back to back. Usually this is split with 2 weeks in the summer, one at x-mas break and one at easter or spring break when school is started.

I think both sided have points here and don't want to get into a battle that can't be won. Things are not the same in every situation and it is unfair to assume so in answering. I just wanted to clarify on y our original question.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
djohnson said:
Just to go back to the legal parts of the original question. OP said the order stated 4 non-consec weeks. You understand what this means right? The four weeks aren't all back to back. Usually this is split with 2 weeks in the summer, one at x-mas break and one at easter or spring break when school is started.
From the very first post: "Up to four (4) non-consecutive weeks during the year beginning at 4:00 P.M. on Sunday until 4:00 P.M. on the following Sunday, the non-custodial parent to give sixty (60) days advance notice of the use of a particular week."

Which means Dad can choose which weeks he wants, any time during the year.

I don't see how there can be any ambiguity in responding, to be honest. OP doesn't want Dad to get four weeks during the year and wants to know how to get around the specified guideline to only give him two weeks. That's wrong, pure and simple UNLESS the father can be proven in a court of law to be a danger to the kids.

H

halbbd01

Stealth is stupid and biased as usual. Ignore his idiotic post.

The mother wants to knwo if 4 is required since it says "Up to four"

Secondly, the weekends are split 26 each. If he purposely takes all 4 to run across her weekends, then he gets 30 weekends and she only gets 22. She wants to spend as much time with her children as she can since she works so much.

H

halbbd01

I'd prefer idiots quit posting on my thread, but such in life huh?

tigger22472

halbbd01 said:
Stealth is stupid and biased as usual. Ignore his idiotic post.

The mother wants to knwo if 4 is required since it says "Up to four"

Secondly, the weekends are split 26 each. If he purposely takes all 4 to run across her weekends, then he gets 30 weekends and she only gets 22. She wants to spend as much time with her children as she can since she works so much.
Flat out.. Dad is entitled to 'up to four weeks' . If he chooses to utilize those weeks he can have all four but no more... end of dicussion.

H

halbbd01

tigger22472: I know how to read and you've already made your case. I was posting for djohnson since she was kind and mature enough to make a post here that is both relevant and succinct.

My books are on the way. :)

Oh and as for Purdue graduates, I would have preferred Purdue, but I think you and I both know that IU's business school is far superior. I've always been a Boilermakers fan. My grandfather played football there and got his teaching degree.

ps: My education is far better than yours. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">