• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Realtor saying I have to buy the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I will say I have forced the issue of compliance with a contract. So hire your own inspector. If they say there is not an issue, then you may have to comply if everything is met. Changing your mind is not a good enough reason to get out of a contract -- though if you can prove issues, that strengthens you getting out of the contract.

grabowski68

thanks for all the help everyone. I am going to see if the seller wants to repair the defects or lower the price considerably. I'll see how that suits my realtor from hell

LdiJ

thanks for all the help everyone. I am going to see if the seller wants to repair the defects or lower the price considerably. I'll see how that suits my realtor from hell
Please get yourself a consult with a real estate attorney...you seriously need one.

justalayman

it's going to depend on how the contingency is written. Unless the contingency in this one allows the inspector to make the determination of what the buyer must accept, the water issue is a valid reason to terminate the contract due to an acceptable inspection contingency. When I sold RE contingencies were typically written such that they results must be acceptable to the buyer.

quincy

Before negotiating with the seller for a lower price or repairs, you need to find out if you are released from the contract first.

To determine this, I agree with LdiJ. Seek out the help of a real estate lawyer in your area for a review of the purchase offer with contingencies and a review of the inspection report.

grabowski68

I will say I have forced the issue of compliance with a contract. So hire your own inspector. If they say there is not an issue, then you may have to comply if everything is met. Changing your mind is not a good enough reason to get out of a contract -- though if you can prove issues, that strengthens you getting out of the contract.
So you're saying a person had to buy the house?

grabowski68

Well I offered for seller to repair the leaking problem and other issues but my realtor told me today, I have no proof that the basement needs work since his inspector said the leaks are minimal, so I have no basis for said repairs. I have made an appointment with a lawyer for Thursday, guess I should have done that already but I had hoped this could be worked out amicably. Sunday is when I received the inspection report and I have made an offer and made clear what I want to be repaired before I buy. My realtor is rejecting my repair list so I'm not sure if he has passed the info along to the seller, I know I have limited time to notify seller of repairs I want. I sent the offer through email and have told my realtor that I will only communicate through texts or emails. I just want some kind of proof of what is going on.

Last edited:

justalayman

grabowski68;3325807]Well I offered for seller to repair the leaking problem and other issues but my realtor told me today, I have no proof that the basement needs work since his inspector said the leaks are minimal, so I have no basis for said repairs.
well, you do have proof that the inspector said there were leaks. Leaks are not acceptable, at least to me. That is why I said it will turn on what, exactly, the contingency said to the matter.

My realtor is rejecting my repair list so I'm not sure if he has passed the info along to the seller, I know I have limited time to notify seller of repairs I want. I sent the offer through email and have told my realtor that I will only communicate through texts or emails. I just want some kind of proof of what he is going on.
is this a buyer's agent where you pay the agent out of your pocket?

grabowski68

well, you do have proof that the inspector said there were leaks. Leaks are not acceptable, at least to me. That is why I said it will turn on what, exactly, the contingency said to the matter.

This is how it is described in his report: Light efflorescence on walls from moisture intrusion, very common in homes of this age. Older homes are typically more prone to moisture intrusion due to the materials and methods of construction used at that time. It is listed as A for acceptable

is this a buyer's agent where you pay the agent out of your pocket?
No he gets 5% of final price as far as I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">