• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recording Step Son's conversations with His Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wteturner1

stepmom also

I totally understand your situation, I have been through it. My stepson
is 16 and I have raised him since he was just under a year old.
How old is your step son?

First of all, the older he gets he is going to start to realize what is going on
and will realize what the mom is doing. My son when through therapy also and was displaying a lot of aggression toward me due to lies that she told about things when he was younger, but now as he matures he see's the truth and really doesnt have alot to do with his mom (who also lives out of state). Our only saving grace was that she had no legal visitation rights in the first place but her parents had grandparents rights and she would visit when she felt like it there. Now we have an understanding with the grandparents that if he chooses not to see her which he does, they will not make him or he will not come back to there home.

I really feel for you though because even though he is your stepson I am sure you feel the same way that I do. YOU ARE HIS MOTHER YOU RAISED HIM. And regardless of what happens you will continue to feel that way.
Giving birth does not make you a mother.

And you are right, alot of these people make rude nasty judgements that are unnessesary. Just hang in there. You can buy a recording control device at
radio shack that will activate when the reciever is picked up, this will inable you to see what is going on, however you will not be able to use this in court but it still may give you some insight and help with the situation, but I would not let him know you did it. I would just use what you hear to defuel the situation very carefully without letting him know you heard it.

BelizeBreeze

wteturner1 said:
You can buy a recording control device at
radio shack that will activate when the reciever is picked up, this will inable you to see what is going on, however you will not be able to use this in court but it still may give you some insight and help with the situation, but I would not let him know you did it. I would just use what you hear to defuel the situation very carefully without letting him know you heard it.
And, taking your advice, she can be prosecuted for wiretapping and spend the next three years in prison.

W

wteturner1

Prove It

Apparently you either didnt take the time to read it or didnt understand.
As I stated use it only to find out whats going on, and keep it to herself.
Sometimes it helps just to have a clue as to what is going on.

Who is going to prosecute? No one would know but her.

I didnt say use it as evidence, only as personal informed information.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It remains a very foolish action. Giving that advice is completely irresponsible, wteturner.

cmorris

I agree with some of the other posters that the child will know what is going on as he gets older and matures. My parents are divorced (though Mom had custody). My dad always bad-mouthed her but my mom never did the same to him. Guess who ALL of the children dislike? That's right, good ole dad. As we got older, we could see right through him and his lies.

BelizeBreeze

wteturner1 said:
Apparently you either didnt take the time to read it or didnt understand.
As I stated use it only to find out whats going on, and keep it to herself.
Sometimes it helps just to have a clue as to what is going on.

Who is going to prosecute? No one would know but her.

I didnt say use it as evidence, only as personal informed information.
Whether or not she uses it in court or keeps it in a locked cabinet, you are advocating the commission of a crime on the Federal level.

I suggest you strongly rethink your postings here or you may find yourself looking at this forum from the outside. And that's just a hint .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">