• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

remoldeling project

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bhahn

luv2roq

it was an example that they procedeed to take to extreme. I was not rambling but what ever it doesn't matter.The walmart thing doesn't have anything to do with my first post It was an example to show these guys the interpretation of the responses they give to people. Thank You anyway.

H

hexeliebe

Hey, you tried luv2roq, but sometimes we get people here with nothing but ROCKS in their heads.

Now maybe some people who like to criticize can understand why we get so bent out of shape at times :rolleyes:

H

hexeliebe

As for you MS. BAHN, you made a statement of fact. So, either back it up with LEGAL reality or stop making statements of fact you know nothing about.

basically If someone would go to walmart (hypethetically) and fall on some liquid that was spilt on the floor, and broke a bone or what have you ,you would refer them to someone else because you got the information but you didn't witness the fall.Get real,You would be able to sue and win.with neglect on the stores behalf,
That is a statement of fact. now, where is the Legal basis for such a statement? Call your attorney if you need to pull your ass out of the fire. I'll wait.

H

hexeliebe

O.K. I'm not going to wait. Believe it or not MS BAHN, you just pissed on one of the few things in this world that I feel deeply about, and yes, that is Wal-Mart.

I drove around with Sam Walton in the hills surrounding Bentonville, Arkansas back in the late 70s when he still drove that 1976 chevy pickup with dented fenders and couldn't understand why people were so hateful.

I was there the day Helen Walton dedicated the new "Helen Walton Daycare Center", a place she not only helped raise funds for but donated a hell of a lot of her own money towards simply because parents had no cost-effective alternative in Bentonville or the surrounding towns.

You see, THEY never took the easy way out but also never forgot who made them billionaires. So your use of Wal-Mart as an example is poorly timed.

But back to your supercillious statements.

basically If someone would go to walmart (hypethetically) and fall on some liquid that was spilt on the floor, and broke a bone or what have you ,you would refer them to someone else because you got the information but you didn't witness the fall.Get real,You would be able to sue and win.with neglect on the stores behalf
NEGLECT: A concept in law based in child and animal protection. Also found referenced in relation to elder abuse. The correct term for which you stated a situation is NEGLIGENCE.

NEGLIGENCE: A person is negligent when he/she fails to act like the standard Ordinary, Reasonable Person. Just how an "ordinary, reasonable person" is expected to act in a particular situation can be a gray area of the law. For example, an ordinary, reasonable person can travel down the highway at 60 miles per hour but if dense fog is present, the same ordinary, reasonable person may be expected to reduce his/her speed of travel to 40 miles per hour. The determination of whether a person has met his/her standard is often resolved by a jury after presentation of evidence and argument at trial.

In your stated situation a REASONABLE person would notify the store of the spill, at which time a REASONABLE storeowner would mop up the spill, place cones around the spill to notify patrons of the impending danger then proceed to clean the mess or take some other precautionary measure.

Another legal principle you might want to study on is the word MITIGATE. What did the customer do to mitigate the damage from such a slip and fall? And that is why an attorney would ask "Did the spill occur in your presence?" Because if it did, or if you had 'notice' of such a hazard, it is incumbant upon you the customer to act in a REASONABLE manner to MITIGATE the damage.

HOWEVER, if the spill had been there for an hour, with store employees milling around it, talking and horseplaying, then the store had not fulfilled their obligation under the law to MITIGATE the damage.

O.K. let's assume that we don't know how long the spill has been there. Let's assume you have your head up your ass and don't see the spill. Let's say, since you like pulling these scenarios out of your ass, that you're looking at store shelves and talking on your cell phone while sashaying down the aisle.

Then COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE is at play. COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE - Also called comparative fault. A system that allows a party to recover some portion of the damages caused by another party's negligence even if the original person was also partially negligent and responsible for causing the injury. Not all states follow this system. And because of that, you would have to state in which of the 50 states this particular Wal-Mart is located.

That's enough for today's lesson. Next time you decide to make statements of fact, don't do it here unless you damn sure know what the hell you're talking about.

And just so you know, Sam and Helen had more than 20 attorney's on staff but when they shook your hand it was signed, sealed and delivered. Can you say the same?

B

bhahn

Your personal life with the waltons are none of my business,nor did I ask for it.Like I said it was just an EXAMPLE. If you want to take it personal that is your own damn problem.If you must insist on dragging this example out of proportion, call a hotline or tell someone who actually gives a damn. The POINT IS your advise stinks and you can't face it again YOUR PROBLEM.Just leave me the hell alone and don't respond with your B-S.I don't need or want to hear it anymore. And if you want to get politically correct it is MS B HAHN so if you are going to address me, someone you don't know,make sure it is correct. And frankly I didn't know that pricks and ass%#!> were even capable of deep feelings. thanks for the enlightment.

H

hexeliebe

First of all MS who-the-hell cares, I will respond to stupidity whenever and wherever I find it. And whereas most people are just plain born stupid, you seem to have taken extra pains to learn it, wearing it as a badge of honor and dignity.

So, either respond back in support of your stupidity (and I'm referring to your incredibly ignorant claim that a slip and fall ANYWHERE will win a case of neglect, or shut the hell up.

Because I'm going to dog you until you either admit you don't know what the hell you're talking about, this thread is deleted or you leave.

Because although not everyone on this forum has years of legal experience, most of us admit when we can't help someone but almost always point them to where they can find help. Even in extremely idiotic moments when we meet someone who proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Darwin was not smoking dope when he thought of you.

B

bhahn

first off I didn't say ANYWHERE. I said refer them else where because of not having WITNESSED the fall therefore you wouldn't be able to help them.Your the idiot and you can go to hell.This post is closing therefore you wont respond to me!!!!I do not have to leave because its my right to be here and address who I want to address and I am not admitting I am wrong.I don't believe that I am.again MY RIGHT.along with my freedom of speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">