• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request Criminal Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Understood. I've been at the residence only once and children are filthy, and the exterior of the location is dirty.
I was not allowed inside of the residence.
Due to the fact that I have no concrete proof I have not pursued DCFS - yes it may be more speculative.
How about you move to children's town so you can keep an eye on kiddos?

CdwJava

He is still posted in the county of his residence as a sex offender.
But he's NOT on Megan's Law???? That has some potential legal issues.

I doubt that details would have been destroyed since he is still required to register.
There is no legal requirement to retain records much beyond the time for an appeal. The originally investigating agency might have copies, as might the court. However, it has been my experience that after nearly 20 years and well beyond the appeals period that the records are likely destroyed. Also, even if they are not destroyed, you may be permitted only to review the case file in person and not obtain an actual copy. Your desire to see this record could get very expensive, indeed.

I've talked to the sheriff of the county, and they know the guy but cannot give me details of his offense. I have expressed concern to the Sheriff that there are small children living there.
Good for the Sheriff. Though, he likely could give you details of the case if the offender had been an adult.

Was this guy a juvenile at the time of the offense?

CdwJava

Yes custody change.
Ex-Wife and her new husband are both registered sex offenders.
Tier 1 or not, they should not have children in their residence. (IMO)
Legally, you are incorrect. And, as I mentioned, being a registered sex offender does not automatically mean someone committed an offense that might indicate that they are a danger to anyone. Urinating in public could compel registration!

Living conditions are deplorable, in a one bedroom motel - rat infested, cockroach infested and dirty.
And you have not contacted CPS or the police to ask for a welfare check?

I have a large home so the children can have their own space, own beds, food and safety.
I have a stable home, where my ex-wife does not.
You are free to pursue a change of custody.

CdwJava

Not possible. I am not a farmer.
I live in a Caifornia farming community and there are a great many jobs not directly related to farming. Local industry, services, and retail businesses might support farming and the people that work in that industry, but not everyone is actually engaged in farming. Not to mention that many of these farm communities are 30 miles or so from a larger city or town of a more cosmopolitan nature.

rwasek

But he's NOT on Megan's Law???? That has some potential legal issues.

There is no legal requirement to retain records much beyond the time for an appeal. The originally investigating agency might have copies, as might the court. However, it has been my experience that after nearly 20 years and well beyond the appeals period that the records are likely destroyed. Also, even if they are not destroyed, you may be permitted only to review the case file in person and not obtain an actual copy. Your desire to see this record could get very expensive, indeed.

Good for the Sheriff. Though, he likely could give you details of the case if the offender had been an adult.

Was this guy a juvenile at the time of the offense?
No, he was not a juvenile; however the victim was.
Might just work with my attorney on this, and pay them rather than a PI.

rwasek

I live in a Caifornia farming community and there are a great many jobs not directly related to farming. Local industry, services, and retail businesses might support farming and the people that work in that industry, but not everyone is actually engaged in farming. Not to mention that many of these farm communities are 30 miles or so from a larger city or town of a more cosmopolitan nature.
Understood, but since I already have a home/family/job it would make more sense to pursue primary custody at my residence rather than re-locating with the hopes of finding a similar job in my industry.

CdwJava

No, he was not a juvenile; however the victim was.
Might just work with my attorney on this, and pay them rather than a PI.
Clearly the victim was. But, being underage does not mean predatory ... it could also have been as part of a dating relationship. We don't know, and I doubt you do as well. It also does not automatically imply that he is a threat to children.

CdwJava

Understood, but since I already have a home/family/job it would make more sense to pursue primary custody at my residence rather than re-locating with the hopes of finding a similar job in my industry.
Makes sense. But, you may have to make a tough call if it comes down to doing what is best for your children.

rwasek

Clearly the victim was. But, being underage does not mean predatory ... it could also have been as part of a dating relationship. We don't know, and I doubt you do as well. It also does not automatically imply that he is a threat to children.
Correct, I do not know. I'd rather be proactive than reactive. Would not want my children to suffer for the rest of their lives because they were molested or abused if I could have prevented it.

Just Blue

Correct, I do not know. I'd rather be proactive than reactive. Would not want my children to suffer for the rest of their lives because they were molested or abused if I could have prevented it.
Are there custody orders?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">