• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RFE on I-751 Waiver extreme hardship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
dude i m doing great job here ...
i dont wana leave USA
Then go and immigrate on your own merits, not a greedcard marriage. (<-- Misspelling or Freudian slip?)

1. Medical & social needs in US: You have no medical need to be here; you are not sick. You are not from some persecuted minority group. Or at least, no more so in the UK than in the US.
2. Employment opportunities in my home country: It's the UK. You, as a UK citizen, can get a job in the UK. BREXIT passed in part because people were worried about the number of foreigners emigrating there for jobs.
3. Family ties in US & in your home country: You have no family here, other than your estranged wife.
4. Major disruption in your family: Again, you have no family here, other than your estranged wife.
5. Psychological impact of deportation: Being mentally unstable in general doesn't count.

FlyingRon

Again, you're not qualifying for the waiver. You're going to have to convince the US (and best to use your lawyer to handle this) that your marriage was bona fide and they shouldn't yank your conditional and send you back to the land of baked beans for breakfast.

I'm going to be crass here. You left the UK and came to the US of your own free will and got your green card by marriage. That's exactly how I got mine. Now your marriage has failed and immigration, who may suspect that it was a sham marriage all along, are asking why you should remain in the US now that the reason for you visa is no more. You have started squealing like a child "I don't wanna go back because I'm afraid of Brexit, I won't be able to get a job" etc. I have to admit that unless standards have dropped dramatically you limited command of the English language may put you at a disadvantage ("getting pyschologist certificate, my country worse condition , my training in U.S or any loan here ..can they help me out?").
Either you pay an attorney to plead on your behalf or you start packing your bags.
To help you on your way here's a link to one of the oldest and most respected employment agencies in the UK who have about a quarter million job openings
[URL link removed]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">