• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roomate Moved in Mother but Does not Want to Pay Rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daybyday22001

[FONT=Times Ne :mad: w Roman]undefined[/FONT CALIFORNIA.

Ok I sublease (Rent a Room) in a 3 bed Townhouse. Each room is taken of course. Well my roomate who is my landlord moved her mother in the middle of last month due to her being in a car accident. Now we had no problem with this at the time because she just did it without consulting us. Now I naturally thought we would be given a little break on the rent becuase we now have this women on our couch which means we are having to tip toe around by 9:00pm. Well my landlord (Roomate) had the nerve to tell me that no on the rental discournt becuase her mom does not have a room and we do and that there have been no increase in any bills. We are now going on 2 1/2 months and her mom is perfectly well to go home. Now Should she not have to pay some rent due to the fact that the living room cannot be used for guests to come over. Our lives are being altered because she never even takes a bath and the house stinks to holy hell. PLEASE SOME ONE TELL ME SHOULD I GIVE HER A PORTION OF MY RENT NEXT MONTH ?

Thanks

ENASNI

shortbus said:
What time is it when your landlord moves his stinky mother onto your couch?

Time to find a new apartment.

Gee that sound shakespearian...

Say it this way.. with voice down and soft as needed...
Can you hear it..

"What TIME is it when your LANDLORD moves his stinky mother unto YOUR couch?"

"My words fly up, my thoughts remain below:Words without thoughts never to heaven go."

--From Hamlet (III, iii, 100-103)

OR,My dear young man

"The quality of mercy is not strain'd.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath.
It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes."

--From Merchant of Venice (IV, I, (184-186)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">