• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate got sick from a flea/tick ointment used on my cats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Haha he does need a tick collar.
Yeah he really should take care of his personal hygiene better. I honestly think he does not care if ticks are on him. He says it like it's a normal, causal thing, and even said a bunch of people in his family have Lyme disease. It's like he doesn't care if he gets it because it's a normal thing he grew up around. It's super weird.

Mass_Shyster

That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.
They're actually moving out on their own next week and giving me less than half of their rent due on the first. Thankfully I have another roommate and I saved money incase of this happening.
I suggest giving the landlord notice anyway and tell him you would like to stay if they move out. I’ll be surprised if you post back this week that they have actually moved. If they don’t leave then they are your problem. If you leave and they don’t, then they’re the landlord’s problem.

Have they given the landlord proper notice of termination?

Yeah I told the la
I suggest giving the landlord notice anyway and tell him you would like to stay if they move out. I’ll be surprised if you post back this week that they have actually moved. If they don’t leave then they are your problem. If you leave and they don’t, then they’re the landlord’s problem.

Have they given the landlord proper notice of termination?
I told the landlord as soon as my sister told me they planned to move out next weekend. Apparently she felt I was rushing her but all I ever asked was when and if they found a place, so I could tell a friend of mine who'd like to move in. She also thought leaving early means not paying full rent which pisses me off but I can't force her to unless I wanted to make it a court issue. They're just going to move into her boyfriend's mom's house so they have a place lined up. And no they didn't give him a proper notice. When I told him he didn't seem too annoyed about the situation, but if he cared they'd get in trouble I'd assume.

So they don't have to move out next weekend. What are you going to do if (but more likely when) they don't move out?
I honestly doubt they'll change their minds. They both seem incredibly uncomfortable in the apartment and the boyfriend especially is avoiding me like he's allergic to me. They already have another place lined up. Plus they didn't pay me full rent even though they're leaving early so I bet my landlord would care about that.

eerelations

I honestly doubt they'll change their minds. They both seem incredibly uncomfortable in the apartment and the boyfriend especially is avoiding me like he's allergic to me. They already have another place lined up. Plus they didn't pay me full rent even though they're leaving early so I bet my landlord would care about that.
Well, let us know what happens...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">