• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate got sick from a flea/tick ointment used on my cats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I
The reason I asked is because you can't force him to leave. You may be the one to leave.
I understand that but they both express how they hate living in the town we are in and have had issues with paying rent on time, which my landlord is aware of. He's a pretty chill guy and I've known him for years so he has not cared yet thankfully.

I

I understand that but they both express how they hate living in the town we are in and have had issues with paying rent on time, which my landlord is aware of. He's a pretty chill guy and I've known him for years so he has not cared yet thankfully.
If I left they couldn't even pay anything to continue living there and would get evicted. So they're looking for a way out because they are done living in the area .

Just Blue

Said boyfriend has no grounds to sue anyone.

Besides, this sad little lily of a fella is likely to drift away like the fog after a good rain from all his "allergies" pretty soon.

Your cat is at greater risk of being poisoned by both a topical flea medication AND a flea collar than this guy is. Best to use one or the other but not both.

Gail
Best to not let the kitty outside to be hit by a car or eaten by a predator. If kitty doesn't go out s/he stands VERY LITTLE chance of getting fleas or ticks.

Best to not let the kitty outside to be hit by a car or eaten by a predator. If kitty doesn't go out s/he stands VERY LITTLE chance of getting fleas or ticks.
My cats aren't outdoor cats. I don't let them roam around outside. It's not safe. He's told me apparently ticks like him and they'll latch onto him. It came from his room too.

Said boyfriend has no grounds to sue anyone.

Besides, this sad little lily of a fella is likely to drift away like the fog after a good rain from all his "allergies" pretty soon.

Your cat is at greater risk of being poisoned by both a topical flea medication AND a flea collar than this guy is. Best to use one or the other but not both.

Gail
Yeah I took the collars off after a day and tossed them out. I did some research and a lot of these pest pesticide products for animals are quite harmful and do more damage if left on for too long.

Mass_Shyster

Now she's saying they may press charges against me for poisoning him
They don’t get to press charges.

They can call the police and ask the police to press charges or they can go to court and file an application for criminal complaint. Either way, I predict laughter by the police or the court.

I suggest you give your landlord notice TODAY, before the First of the month, and find a place without them on August 1.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
My cats aren't outdoor cats. I don't let them roam around outside. It's not safe. He's told me apparently ticks like him and they'll latch onto him. It came from his room too.
Maybe he has Lyme disease psychosis.

On a serious note, ticks can ride in on anyone that's been outside. Even if you don't walk though long grass, they can end up on you: they can fall out of trees or be blown onto you...

They don’t get to press charges.

They can call the police and ask the police to press charges or they can go to court and file an application for criminal complaint. Either way, I predict laughter by the police or the court.

I suggest you give your landlord notice TODAY, before the First of the month, and find a place without them on August 1.
That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.
They're actually moving out on their own next week and giving me less than half of their rent due on the first. Thankfully I have another roommate and I saved money incase of this happening.

justalayman

Maybe he needs to wear the tick collar

Lack of cleanliness (and the poor personal hygiene suggests the poor hygiene is likely not limited to his person) can allow for insect infestations. For all he knows he has multiple ticks sucking his blood right now. If he washed more often he would discover them and abate them.

I know I’m evil but for fun I would tell the guy you saw several ticks on his bed. The thought of that will simply drive him nuts. Tell him every little tickle when he is in the bed could be a tick crawling on him. Reporting you found another tick near his room on a regular basis to freak him out. Of course you didn’t save them to show him. You disposed of them like you should.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">