• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shallow dive accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Barrier maybe so
But no signs
You weren't even supposed to go past the barrier, yet you made a conscious decision to do so.

Look, to us it looks like you bear the greatest amount of responsibility for this accident, but (as you have been advised), you would be wise to consult with a local attorney.

ssatl

You weren't even supposed to go past the barrier, yet you made a conscious decision to do so.

Look, to us it looks like you bear the greatest amount of responsibility for this accident, but (as you have been advised), you would be wise to consult with a local attorney.
and yet what about their responsibility?
There was NO sign about the 2 ft depth

quincy

You were aware of the depth before your dive.

Discuss this with your lawyer. If there is a legal action to pursue, your attorney will let you know.

I am sorry about your injury. Good luck.

justalayman

There was a single rope at the edge of deck
Came up a little below my waist
so you had to make a true effort to go over, under, or around the barrier, right? It’s nkt like it was merely a curb or a sign that may have been easily overlooked, right? I mean, you had to walk up to it and when it prevented you from going further you had to have thought; there is a barrier in my way. How do i circumvent the intent somebody would have installed such a barrier so I can go do something the barrier might have actually been placed there to prevent.

I got it. You were a hurdleri in school on the track team, right? You saw it as a hurdle rather than a barrier and what does one do with hurdles..

Nah, that couldn’t be it. Hurdlers land on their feet but you landed on your head. Maybe you were a high jumper and figured the Fosbury flop was the proper technique.

Well, if that was the case; you were negligent because when properly performing the Fosbury flop, you don’t land on your head.

Seriously dude, if you are serious about attempting to lay any legal blame on the bar and attempt to recieve any money, it’s time to find a lawyer. You have 4 years from the date of the incident (I intentionally did not use the word accident since your act was intentional, which places even more of the share of negligence on your shoulders), to file suit. That means time you have about three years before you lose any opportunity to sue to recover anything. Sometimes one loses track of time and before you know it, it’s gone. Be careful of the clock

Just Blue

What about the fact you dove, head first, into a body of water with no clue of the depth of said body of water?

ETCM: Correction...You knew the water was shallow...just not THAT shallow.

quincy

There are often signs posted to warn of shallow depth in areas where people are prone to diving. The rope should have sufficiently prevented people from diving off the dock, however.

Again, review the facts of the accident with an attorney in your area. The attorney can tell you if you have any chance of succeeding with a claim against the owner of the property.

ssatl

so you had to make a true effort to go over, under, or around the barrier, right? It’s nkt like it was merely a curb or a sign that may have been easily overlooked, right? I mean, you had to walk up to it and when it prevented you from going further you had to have thought; there is a barrier in my way. How do i circumvent the intent somebody would have installed such a barrier so I can go do something the barrier might have actually been placed there to prevent.

I got it. You were a hurdleri in school on the track team, right? You saw it as a hurdle rather than a barrier and what does one do with hurdles..

Nah, that couldn’t be it. Hurdlers land on their feet but you landed on your head. Maybe you were a high jumper and figured the Fosbury flop was the proper technique.

Well, if that was the case; you were negligent because when properly performing the Fosbury flop, you don’t land on your head.

Seriously dude, if you are serious about attempting to lay any legal blame on the bar and attempt to recieve any money, it’s time to find a lawyer. You have 4 years from the date of the incident (I intentionally did not use the word accident since your act was intentional, which places even more of the share of negligence on your shoulders), to file suit. That means time you have about three years before you lose any opportunity to sue to recover anything. Sometimes one loses track of time and before you know it, it’s gone. Be careful of the clock
i am absolutely seeing a lawyer

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Whoa there - you should NOT be talking to them about this at all! You may have already caused harm to your own case (if any) without even knowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">