• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Some help for my dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

autumnsunburst

Okay I have some new questions. His sister had gotten copies of his credit report back when but nobody remembered doing this apparently lmao. Anyways I'm looking over them now that I have found them and I'm hoping to call the places with him later and obtain new (updated) copies and confirm if they had reported what happened and if not doing it.

I noticed a few discrepancies on these reports though

1 is there is a house address he's never lived at (my moms) listed as one of his addresses, which doesn't seem right to me.

Then there is this guy opened a few P.O. boxes and they are listed on my dads credit report.

And he has a spouse/co-applicant listed and he hasn't been married in 30 years.

He has a line of credit where I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be one.

Also there is a joint account, and that doesn't seem right either.

There's some hospital bills that somehow went to a creditor (he always pays them all in full but these went in during that year the cops told us not too be going over there and "bothering" that guy anymore. So how do I figure out how to get these taken care of?

Two of his credit cards the guy ran up are refusing to take his charges off of my dads bill.

Sooooo any helpful insight before I go get on the horn with these companies and my dad later this afternoon?

And how excatly do I/we address them when we get them on the phone?

(and btw the insurance train is in progress, we're waiting on the final say for the vadalism but the theft still needs finished, I'm scouring the papers at his house looking for any and all receipts we can find, he has papers going back to the 70s so it's a big task but it's underhand) <3 tyvm I would of never thought to use the insurance without you all! ^_^'

izzie02

Ask your Dad insurance agent if there is any coverage for identity theft. I was reminded last month when going over my home owners policy with my agent that the policy covers it and helps to correct and reimburse some things also. Doesn't hurt to ask. Sorry for all your and father's problems. How awful. Maybe also talk with your father about making you able legally to help handle some of his affairs. He sounds vulnerable and needs protection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">