• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State took custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetiebaby02v

Ok now that everyone has posted random crap. Here is what has happened recently. A homestudy was done and we failed because within the past year there have been two deaths in the family and the cps is afraid that this will cause stress on the family so she is still in foster care in a town 3 hrs away. We went to court, which was pretty much useless because nothing happened there but we did get a new case worker, which is good bc our other one sucked. I am now 18 so my fiancee and I are getting married on the first so we can file for custody because the cps people want the same person who is taking care of her to be her parent or 'guardian' another problem was im 18 and 'so young' but as i pointed out to them there are 12 yr olds in our town having kids and i have been there to support claudia (baby journee's mother) since before she delivered and i was there when the baby was born and i went to the hospital every other day for 3 months to see journee while she was in the hospital (it would have been everyday but i had to travel) Now the cps is messing with us about visitation and when the next court date will be and what is going to happen next. We still really don't know what is going on, we think they have something planned like adoption for another family but we are not for sure. we have been told to file for conservatorship, but when we talk to lawyers they say we need to wait to see what the cps wants to do next, BUT they wont tell us, they wont answer my calls and they always tell me to ask later or ask a supervisor who is never around. I will be able to take care of journee and her older sister all day and night, i take care of her sister like that now, but i guess im not fit to be a parent to a premature child even though i know everything about her health and her history and how to feed (because she needs to be fed a special way) and all the other stuff the doctors have told me and i dont think that the cps is seeing that i am trying to get prepared to take the baby in. we have everything at home to accomodate a new baby but i dont know what to do know, im stressed and pissed off

casa

sweetiebaby02v said:
Ok now that everyone has posted random crap. Here is what has happened recently. A homestudy was done and we failed because within the past year there have been two deaths in the family and the cps is afraid that this will cause stress on the family so she is still in foster care in a town 3 hrs away. We went to court, which was pretty much useless because nothing happened there but we did get a new case worker, which is good bc our other one sucked. I am now 18 so my fiancee and I are getting married on the first so we can file for custody because the cps people want the same person who is taking care of her to be her parent or 'guardian' another problem was im 18 and 'so young' but as i pointed out to them there are 12 yr olds in our town having kids and i have been there to support claudia (baby journee's mother) since before she delivered and i was there when the baby was born and i went to the hospital every other day for 3 months to see journee while she was in the hospital (it would have been everyday but i had to travel) Now the cps is messing with us about visitation and when the next court date will be and what is going to happen next. We still really don't know what is going on, we think they have something planned like adoption for another family but we are not for sure. we have been told to file for conservatorship, but when we talk to lawyers they say we need to wait to see what the cps wants to do next, BUT they wont tell us, they wont answer my calls and they always tell me to ask later or ask a supervisor who is never around. I will be able to take care of journee and her older sister all day and night, i take care of her sister like that now, but i guess im not fit to be a parent to a premature child even though i know everything about her health and her history and how to feed (because she needs to be fed a special way) and all the other stuff the doctors have told me and i dont think that the cps is seeing that i am trying to get prepared to take the baby in. we have everything at home to accomodate a new baby but i dont know what to do know, im stressed and pissed off
Unfortunately, once CPS has a child in their custody...They call the shots.

Cooperate with the new case worker and keep calling. Follow any advice/direction or caseplan they give you. Cooperating is the only way to do this unless you have the money to hire a very expensive attorney to fight the state.

rmet4nzkx

sweetiebaby02v said:
CPS is acting in the best interest of the child and your family FAILED the home study, you are too young and inexperienced to care for such a child, it is more than knowing how to feed her. Don't get mrried just to leave home or with the false assumption that you will be allowed to be guardian to the child if you do.

sweetiebaby02v

We have gone back to court and now my husband and i are trying to get custody. The case worker has ordered a new homestudy be done on us which i think will work out better since i will be one of her guardians while she is being raised (they had a problem with this before because the grandfather was going to be her guardian and provide for her finacially, which he wasnt going to completely i was going to and i was only going to ask for help when i needed it, and then i would take care of her all day and night) We have had four cancelled visits, all of which we found out about after we drove 170 miles to see her. We have hired a lawyer and filed an intervention and i dont know what is going to happen next. What should i do about the visits being cancelled and not finding out until i show up to see the baby. We have also seen a therapist (this was recommended by the cps case worker, though im not sure why, she didn't give us a reason) and she recommened immediate placement with us because she was worried since the baby bonded with myself and my husband while she was in the hospital then taken away and placed with someone else who was a complete stranger next the case worker has scheduled us to a psychological evaluation in march and our next court date is in april what do i do about the cps messing us around we have cooperated with everything they have asked us to do, but its almost like they have planned to cancel the visits before we get there

rmet4nzkx

sweetiebaby02v said:
We have gone back to court and now my husband and i are trying to get custody. The case worker has ordered a new homestudy be done on us which i think will work out better since i will be one of her guardians while she is being raised (they had a problem with this before because the grandfather was going to be her guardian and provide for her finacially, which he wasnt going to completely i was going to and i was only going to ask for help when i needed it, and then i would take care of her all day and night) We have had four cancelled visits, all of which we found out about after we drove 170 miles to see her. We have hired a lawyer and filed an intervention and i dont know what is going to happen next. What should i do about the visits being cancelled and not finding out until i show up to see the baby. We have also seen a therapist (this was recommended by the cps case worker, though im not sure why, she didn't give us a reason) and she recommened immediate placement with us because she was worried since the baby bonded with myself and my husband while she was in the hospital then taken away and placed with someone else who was a complete stranger next the case worker has scheduled us to a psychological evaluation in march and our next court date is in april what do i do about the cps messing us around we have cooperated with everything they have asked us to do, but its almost like they have planned to cancel the visits before we get there
Interesting, keep us updated.

Shay-Pari'e

RMET! You were right, it is Kelly. Geeze! I picture sticky notes all over her computer with log in names/passwords,**************....with slashes across the banned ones and the "Outed" ones.

Rushia

Shay-Pari'e said:
RMET! You were right, it is Kelly. Geeze! I picture sticky notes all over her computer with log in names/passwords,**************....with slashes across the banned ones and the "Outed" ones.
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Rushia

rmet4nzkx said:
You have installed the plastic sheilds on the keyboard by now? They are less expensive than buying a new keyboard.
You'd think that I would've by now having two youngins in the house, but no, I HATE those things.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Shay-Pari'e said:
BTW, I'd appreciate being left off the pm's proclaiming which poster is KNOWN to be Kelly. If y'all care that much - go for it. I don't, and would prefer to be left out of your little circle. Thanks.

Shay-Pari'e

stealth2 said:
BTW, I'd appreciate being left off the pm's proclaiming which poster is KNOWN to be Kelly. If y'all care that much - go for it. I don't, and would prefer to be left out of your little circle. Thanks.
Are you directing this to me? I don't pm you, and you are not in my little circle.

sweetiebaby02v

who the hell is kelly and why are yall posting **** about her on here i dont care about ur little sticky notes if you want to have a convo im the other person

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Shay-Pari'e said:
Are you directing this to me? I don't pm you, and you are not in my little circle.
No - the people who pm'd me are well aware that they did. Why do you feel so defensive about it, hon?

(edit) And the only reason I quoted you was 'cause you were the most recent to do a "Kelly alert" after I got several pm's about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">