• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of limitations for DV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylene

You need psychiatric help with being a serial abuser.

You are not a victim, your spouses adultery justifies nothing.

Great job getting 'proof' and wrecking your whole life and having to be a fugitive in another country.

Way to go with the being all super macho and then running from the cops.

Thanks for all the responses. They definitely clarified some things but also opened the doors to some other questions. My original offenses that got me sent me to prison are attempted murder and felony domestic violence. While I was deployed to Iraq my first wife had a affair and when I came back I caught her and I hurt both her and her lover. Because of my military background I was charged with 2nd degree murder.
My family has an importing and exporting business and while in the military I expanded my knowledge in international logistics. Which is how I’m able to enter and leave the country without ever needing to go through immigration officials.
My current wife also had an affair on me because I was hardly home and building a business I had started after being released from prison. Recently, I have been receiving emails from my current wife telling me that she has changed her story with the police and she’s not cooperating with them anymore. She doesn’t know where I am she assumes that I’m hiding and has been trying to convince me to go back home to “work” things out. I assume she needs money or got tired of her lover who is by the way is a soon to be Deputy sheriff in California.
Realistically speaking, how much time would I be looking at if return to the states and turn my self in?

Also, since her lover is in the process of becoming a deputy sheriff, can the sheriffs department be notified of his poor moral judgment to keep him from becoming a Sherriff? Someone that purposely goes and has affairs with a married women shouldn’t be allowed to be a police official.

You need psychiatric help with being a serial abuser.

You are not a victim, your spouses adultery justifies nothing.

Great job getting 'proof' and wrecking your whole life and having to be a fugitive in another country.

Way to go with the being all super macho and then running from the cops.

quincy

You will want your criminal defense attorney to answer the questions on what you are looking at if charged with another incident of domestic violence while on parole.

I would think a return to prison is not outside the realm of possibilities.

Again, you should get an attorney, before you are arrested.

Good luck.

I appreciate your honesty. I did recieve psychological help for many years. And I appreciate your honest opinion, but I believe that my whole life took a turn for the worst thanks to the military. I sacrificed years of my life and my marriage to protect your freedom and that of other Americans and I got absolutely nothing in return. The only thing I was left with were psychological traumas and a temper from hell. I was never a violent person growing up and I lived a very happy childhood. But the military turned me into a trained killer and sent me to protect your freedom and rights. Now sometimes even the smallest things affect me in ways I cannot control. Like both of my wives cheating on me made me very very angry and I couldnt control myself.
Thank you for your opinion.

quincy

I appreciate your honesty. I did recieve psychological help for many years. And I appreciate your honest opinion, but I believe that my whole life took a turn for the worst thanks to the military. I sacrificed years of my life and my marriage to protect your freedom and that of other Americans and I got absolutely nothing in return. The only thing I was left with were psychological traumas and a temper from hell. I was never a violent person growing up and I lived a very happy childhood. But the military turned me into a trained killer and sent me to protect your freedom and rights. Now sometimes even the smallest things affect me in ways I cannot control. Like both of my wives cheating on me made me very very angry and I couldnt control myself.
Thank you for your opinion.
Although that explains your mental state, that does not excuse your actions.

As an American that I’m sure you are. Would you want a deputy sheriff that knowingly goes around having affairs with married women, to be a the person you entrust with your lives, safety and protection or your property when that person can’t even keep his hands off married women?

quincy

As an American that I’m sure you are. Would you want a deputy sheriff that knowingly goes around having affairs with married women, to be a the person you entrust with your lives, safety and protection or your property when that person can’t even keep his hands off married women?
As an American and a human, I am of the firm belief that people should not be abused.

I assume that an aspiring deputy who has affairs should be banned from becoming a deputy right?
I mean how could an aspiring person with such lack of moral judgement be allowed to become a deputy sheriff? There has to be a way to prevent such people from being supposedly becoming “protectors” of citizens.

quincy

I assume that an aspiring deputy who has affairs should be banned from becoming a deputy right?
I mean how could an aspiring person with such lack of moral judgement be allowed to become a deputy sheriff? There has to be a way to prevent such people from being supposedly becoming “protectors” of citizens.
How can someone who lacks moral judgment become President of the United States?

The question you ask is not a legal one. Your legal concerns require a criminal defense attorney. I recommend you work with the attorney who will undoubtedly try to find for you a defense that does not blame your victims.

Good luck.

LdiJ

Thanks for all the responses. They definitely clarified some things but also opened the doors to some other questions. My original offenses that got me sent me to prison are attempted murder and felony domestic violence. While I was deployed to Iraq my first wife had a affair and when I came back I caught her and I hurt both her and her lover. Because of my military background I was charged with 2nd degree murder.
My family has an importing and exporting business and while in the military I expanded my knowledge in international logistics. Which is how I’m able to enter and leave the country without ever needing to go through immigration officials.
My current wife also had an affair on me because I was hardly home and building a business I had started after being released from prison. Recently, I have been receiving emails from my current wife telling me that she has changed her story with the police and she’s not cooperating with them anymore. She doesn’t know where I am she assumes that I’m hiding and has been trying to convince me to go back home to “work” things out. I assume she needs money or got tired of her lover who is by the way is a soon to be Deputy sheriff in California.
Realistically speaking, how much time would I be looking at if return to the states and turn my self in?

Also, since her lover is in the process of becoming a deputy sheriff, can the sheriffs department be notified of his poor moral judgment to keep him from becoming a Sherriff? Someone that purposely goes and has affairs with a married women shouldn’t be allowed to be a police official.
Dude, you need to work with a therapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">