• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of limitations for DV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that people shouldn’t be abused. Yet it happens all the time. And most people of the abuse happens by people you would least expect. I can tell you this from experience. People are misled by appearances. The people in power are sometimes the biggest abusers. I don’t think you or most Americans even begin to realize the abuse and misuse or power your elected representatives use for their personal gain or in some cases I would agree and say justified use to protect or keep the status quo. I bet you didn’t know that America routinely hires deported convicted felons in various countries to murder the people they don’t like for whatever reason they deemed appropriate that day.

I don’t excuse my actions as justified by any means. But I’m in this mess already so I would like to fix it so that I’m able to continue building my business I had started, which by the way employed only Americans who were considered disadvantaged. ie;veterans, convicted felons, disabled people, mentally ill, etc.

Just Blue

As an American that I’m sure you are. Would you want a deputy sheriff that knowingly goes around having affairs with married women, to be a the person you entrust with your lives, safety and protection or your property when that person can’t even keep his hands off married women?
Frankly what two consenting adults do in the bedroom is not relevant to the job they do.

quincy

I agree with you that people shouldn’t be abused. Yet it happens all the time. And most people of the abuse happens by people you would least expect. I can tell you this from experience. People are misled by appearances. The people in power are sometimes the biggest abusers. I don’t think you or most Americans even begin to realize the abuse and misuse or power your elected representatives use for their personal gain or in some cases I would agree and say justified use to protect or keep the status quo. I bet you didn’t know that America routinely hires deported convicted felons in various countries to murder the people they don’t like for whatever reason they deemed appropriate that day.

I don’t excuse my actions as justified by any means. But I’m in this mess already so I would like to fix it so that I’m able to continue building my business I had started, which by the way employed only Americans who were considered disadvantaged. ie;veterans, convicted felons, disabled people, mentally ill, etc.
You will need to discuss the legal mess you created for yourself by working with a criminal defense attorney in your area.

Your legal issues cannot be "fixed" by concentrating on what crimes have been committed by others.

I disagree with your opinion. The us in the state that its in because Americans have no integrity or moral judgment left. Remember that the US was founded on a Christian foundation. The fact that you don’t care that a future police officer is going around knowingly having affairs with married women says a lot.
I know what I did was wrong and eventually I’ll pay the price for my poor decisions. But the fact that you’re practically endorsing a police officer that is suppose to be held to a hire standard to have affairs it outright wrong.

Just Blue

I disagree with your opinion. The us in the state that its in because Americans have no integrity or moral judgment left. Remember that the US was founded on a Christian foundation. The fact that you don’t care that a future police officer is going around knowingly having affairs with married women says a lot.
I know what I did was wrong and eventually I’ll pay the price for my poor decisions. But the fact that you’re practically endorsing a police officer that is suppose to be held to a hire standard to have affairs it outright wrong.
Sir, I think you should exit your glass house before you start throwing stones.

I agree. But I know many of you are police officers or retired law enforcement. Can someone tell me how to keep this aspiring police officer from actually becoming one? I know that those of you who are or were law enforcement know what I would have to do to keep this person from becoming a police officer.
I don’t understand why you guys seems to be protecting him?

quincy

None of this helps you with YOUR crime.

You might want to find a discussion forum to express your opinions on the current moral climate in the US. We are straying from the purpose of this forum.

I think your legal question has been addressed.

Good luck.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Really? Because your initial legal question was how to get away without facing the legal consequences.

Yes, there are ethics that law enforcement should abide by. Had you not committed domestic violence, you might have some credibility. For some reason, felons violating their parole are considered less credible than people without a record.

While I appreciate anyone's service to our country, your actions are deplorable. You are a danger to society if you cannot control yourself.

I imagine that if the posters in this thread were polled, you would find relatives of veterans of every conflict this nation has faced, dating back the Battle of Lexington and Concord.

I agree. But I know many of you are police officers or retired law enforcement. Can someone tell me how to keep this aspiring police officer from actually becoming one? I know that those of you who are or were law enforcement know what I would have to do to keep this person from becoming a police officer.
I see no one here "protecting him" or condoning his alleged behavior. Rather, posters are trying to get through to you that his actions are irrelevant to your situation. And your situation is mucked up.

You cannot hide out until the SOL, because that freezes while you are outside of the jurisdiction.

Even if your wife is willing to forgive and forget, you have the parole violation.

Oh, and by the way: you're going to trust the wife that's been cheating on you? Has the thought crossed your mind that while you maintain contact with her, that she could be trying to get you back here for the sole purpose of getting you punished? So, contact your lawyer, not your wife.

Last edited:

CdwJava

You admit to being a murderer on the run - and proudly so! And you have the audacity to cast stones at someone you believe lacks the moral authority to be a deputy???? Really?!?!?

I wonder if we're being punked ...

quincy

You admit to being a murderer on the run - and proudly so! And you have the audacity to cast stones at someone you believe lacks the moral authority to be a deputy???? Really?!?!?

I wonder if we're being punked ...
Hidingfromlaw did not say he murdered anyone in the US. He was in prison for "attempted murder" - hurting his first wife and the man with whom she was having an affair.

CdwJava

Hidingfromlaw did not say he murdered anyone in the US. He was in prison for "attempted murder" - hurting his first wife and the man with whom she was having an affair.
He then stated this: "While I was deployed to Iraq my first wife had a affair and when I came back I caught her and I hurt both her and her lover. Because of my military background I was charged with 2nd degree murder." While he may have meant to add "attempt" in there, I'm not sure. Though, all of his braggadocio may simply be complete BS. This guy either has some serious mental health issues, or is blowing smoke. I still think we're being punked.

Oh, and his "military background" would not have ANY impact on a 2nd Degree murder charge, so that statement is BS or entirely misguided.

quincy

He then stated this: "While I was deployed to Iraq my first wife had a affair and when I came back I caught her and I hurt both her and her lover. Because of my military background I was charged with 2nd degree murder." While he may have meant to add "attempt" in there, I'm not sure. Though, all of his braggadocio may simply be complete BS. This guy either has some serious mental health issues, or is blowing smoke. I still think we're being punked.
He said he was sent to prison for "attempted murder and felony domestic violence."

One cannot be charged with 2nd degree murder if no one died. I think he missed an "attempted" before the charge.

Or he has a creative streak which resulted in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">