• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Status quo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I guess I havent seen the form since she hasnt used her visitation since decree was signed in to order. Thanks for the help.
It doesn't matter. If you are ordered by the court to allow the other person to have the deduction, then you would need to sign form 8332 ( www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8332.pdf ) to allow the other to use the exemption. If you don't, then the court can find you in contempt.

Karmacola300

I am sure you are aware (maybe not). Oregon is a sole legal custody state? So did your order stipulate to 50/50 legal and 50/50 physical. I am just wondering. In Oregon (unlike may states) judges cannot order joint legal in court unless parents stipulate to it. So most people file for Sole legal and stipulate later to joint or usually the primary caregiver get sole legal.

saleen556

I am sure you are aware (maybe not). Oregon is a sole legal custody state? So did your order stipulate to 50/50 legal and 50/50 physical. I am just wondering. In Oregon (unlike may states) judges cannot order joint legal in court unless parents stipulate to it. So most people file for Sole legal and stipulate later to joint or usually the primary caregiver get sole legal.
We settled at trial after she filed for sole custody. I have legal custody and we have a 50/50 parenting time we settled on. She just never used her visitation for the 1 1/2 years. This is why I filed for the visitation modification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">