• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

switching schools

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saleen556

Dad, if you and Mom can't agree, you get to decide per your court orders. I don't know why all the sturm und drang. :cool:
That's my understanding as well. The crappy part is I don't even know if that will be something I want to do. We are going to court here soon for the finances that have never been addressed and she told me if I ever wanted to switch schools she would take me to court. I just want to get things clarified while we are there.

We have both moved on in our personal lives and dont want to be going back to court over and over. We actually do get along when it comes to the kids and everyday life activities.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
That's my understanding as well. The crappy part is I don't even know if that will be something I want to do. We are going to court here soon for the finances that have never been addressed and she told me if I ever wanted to switch schools she would take me to court. I just want to get things clarified while we are there.

We have both moved on in our personal lives and dont want to be going back to court over and over. We actually do get along when it comes to the kids and everyday life activities.
Why borrow trouble? If Mom wants to take it to court at the time the decision is being made, let her. Until then, I wouldn't hassle over a might-happen. :cool:

saleen556

Why borrow trouble? If Mom wants to take it to court at the time the decision is being made, let her. Until then, I wouldn't hassle over a might-happen. :cool:
Because I have already spent way more on lawyer fees than I like. I would rather not have to pay a lawyer again to go back to court.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Because I have already spent way more on lawyer fees than I like. I would rather not have to pay a lawyer again to go back to court.
So you file for her to pay your attorney's fees at that time.

But whatever. It doesn't matter to me what you decide to do. :cool:

saleen556

So you file for her to pay your attorney's fees at that time.

But whatever. It doesn't matter to me what you decide to do. :cool:
I have a hard time believing I could get awarded them after what already happened.

I didn't want a custody fight. I was fine with joint custody. She pushed it for a year and 1/2 costing me 50k in lawyer fees. Then settling on letting me have sole custody before the judge could render a decision. I'm not sure how we were both equal in our quest for custody. I was willing to settle on joint the entire time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">