• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teen paying child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
tphillips357 said:
Some states have laws on how many hours a kid can work during a week when school is in if they are still going to school. That way they can still have time to study and do there homework and let us not forget there was another person involved in this. It wasn't just him that made this Baby. It does take TWO. It's always nice to see people on here jump all on the guys. Let us not forget there's always two sides to a story and at least he's willing to take care of his kid.
And he better be willing to do more than 10 hours of work to take care of the kid. Like Stealth said, the OP asked only about her nephew's responsibility. The girl is carrying the child, and will ten to one be more involved in the day to day duties than good old dad.
Dad will have to support the child. The fact that he is a teenager is NOT an excuse.

tphillips357 said:
Some states have laws on how many hours a kid can work during a week when school is in if they are still going to school. That way they can still have time to study and do there homework and let us not forget there was another person involved in this. It wasn't just him that made this Baby. It does take TWO. It's always nice to see people on here jump all on the guys. Let us not forget there's always two sides to a story and at least he's willing to take care of his kid.
You are right. It's time everyone realizes that it does take two and it always seems that the male is blamed for everything and the female is the eternal victim. That's really really sad, especially when she is one year older than he is!!!!!:mad:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
usedstepmom said:
You are right. It's time everyone realizes that it does take two and it always seems that the male is blamed for everything and the female is the eternal victim. That's really really sad, especially when she is one year older than he is!!!!!:mad:
And I'll say it again - you only asked about HIS situation. So that's what we addressed. He'll be helping support his child. Period. School may have to take a back seat, or his parents may have to foot the bill.

Ohiogal said:
And he better be willing to do more than 10 hours of work to take care of the kid. Like Stealth said, the OP asked only about her nephew's responsibility. The girl is carrying the child, and will ten to one be more involved in the day to day duties than good old dad.
Dad will have to support the child. The fact that he is a teenager is NOT an excuse.
Nobody ever said that was an excuse**************.....he is trying to do the right thing, but just because he made a mistake doesn't mean he's the bad guy. How many teenage boys step up and try to do the right thing? I think he should be commended for being responsible. You learn from your mistakes, right?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
usedstepmom said:
Nobody ever said that was an excuse**************.....he is trying to do the right thing, but just because he made a mistake doesn't mean he's the bad guy. How many teenage boys step up and try to do the right thing? I think he should be commended for being responsible. You learn from your mistakes, right?
Sadly, it's likely the child who will be paying for the mistake your nephew's learning from. Or that he's hopefully learning from.

And considering that in TX 14-15 yo's can work up to 48 hours in a week, I'm sure a 16 yo can work the same.
Well you need to go back and look at that link that you put up cuz on there it says that they can't work more then 18 hours in a week while school is in for 14-15 yo's or 40 hours in a non school work week which is a Federal Law for 14-15 yo's. So if that's good enough for 14-15 yo's while school is in then shouldn't that be good enough for a 16 yo who is also in school trying to get through school and maybe have a future and doing the right thing?

BelizeBreeze

tphillips357 said:
Well you need to go back and look at that link that you put up cuz on there it says that they can't work more then 18 hours in a week while school is in for 14-15 yo's or 40 hours in a non school work week which is a Federal Law for 14-15 yo's. So if that's good enough for 14-15 yo's while school is in then shouldn't that be good enough for a 16 yo who is also in school trying to get through school and maybe have a future and doing the right thing?
Your personal feelings matter not one bit. The child's father, regardless of age, is legally responsible for the support of the child, as is the mother.

Period.

BelizeBreeze said:
Your personal feelings matter not one bit. The child's father, regardless of age, is legally responsible for the support of the child, as is the mother.

Period.
The only point I was making was someone was saying that 14-15 year olds can work 48 hours a week during a school week and saying that a 16 year old boy going to school can do the same thing and they posted a link to a Texas Labor Law were is said they couldn't work more then 18 hours in a school week. I know the father and mother are the ones responsible for the support of the child. I was just saying at least this boy is trying to do things with his life and take care of his responsiblities unlike so many others. It has nothing to do with personal feelings.

ceara19

usedstepmom said:
How do you figure? NOBODY said the girl was a victim and no one "jumped on" your nephew. It's a FACT that he CAN work and NEEDS to work. He had big plans for his life, so what. He should have thought about that before having unprotected sex.

Do you honestly think that the girl is going to be able to go one with HER life as usual? Do you think she can just sit back and do nothing while he has to slave away in order to earn the enormous amount of $150-$180 a MONTH to pay child support? Do you think that $150-$180 is going to be enough to even cover DIAPERS? Wake up, lady. It's going to cost a lot more then the measly amount your nephew has to pay in support to take care of the child. :rolleyes:

ceara19

tphillips357 said:
The kid in question is 16 years old. He can work full time if he so choses. His "future" is now being a PARENT, no matter what his plans were before.

Neal1421

ceara19 said:
Do you honestly think that the girl is going to be able to go one with HER life as usual? Do you think she can just sit back and do nothing while he has to slave away in order to earn the enormous amount of $150-$180 a MONTH to pay child support? Do you think that $150-$180 is going to be enough to even cover DIAPERS? Wake up, lady. It's going to cost a lot more then the measly amount your nephew has to pay in support to take care of the child. :rolleyes:
$150-$180 a month barely covers 1 week of daycare.

ceara19 said:
How do you figure? NOBODY said the girl was a victim and no one "jumped on" your nephew. It's a FACT that he CAN work and NEEDS to work. He had big plans for his life, so what. He should have thought about that before having unprotected sex.

She didn't say her nephew. She said male as in general. Nobody said that he couldn't work but it's not like she can't work either. How does anybody on here know if it was unprotected sex unless you were in the room with them. I do know that condoms do break and I'm not saying that they used one. For all we know she could have told him she was on the pill or the could have been together for along time and just not used one who knows but them? Nobody's life is the same once a child is born. But not all women are innocent just like all men are not guilty like every body on here seems to jump to think.

ceara19

Neal1421 said:
$150-$180 a month barely covers 1 week of daycare.
But why should the poor BOY have to worry about it. He's not having the baby. He has big PLANS for his future! The GIRL that got herself knock up should have to pay for her own mistakes. She's a YEAR older, she should have known better. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AHA

Simple, if the two KIDS cannot support THEIR child by working after school, then both of them need to quit school and get one or two fulltime jobs each and go back to school once they have their sh*t figured out. I'm sure as hell not paying for kids' sloppy, irresponsible, unprotected sex in the backseat of a junk car!!!
So if being a teen is an excuse for not having to pay the required cs, what's next? "oh, but I'm brown eyed, I shouldn't have to pay the full amount", "oh, but I'm really tall, I shouldn't have to pay the full amount", "oh, but I'm an irresponsible, horny fool who doesn't think with my brain, I shouldn't have to pay the full amount". COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a f-ing clue!
Pity parents don't give a sh*t about educating their kids!

ceara19

AHA said:
Simple, if the two KIDS cannot support THEIR child by working after school, then both of them need to quit school and get one or two fulltime jobs each and go back to school once they have their sh*t figured out. I'm sure as hell not paying for kids' sloppy, irresponsible, unprotected sex in the backseat of a junk car!!!
So if being a teen is an excuse for not having to pay the required cs, what's next? "oh, but I'm brown eyed, I shouldn't have to pay the full amount", "oh, but I'm really tall, I shouldn't have to pay the full amount", "oh, but I'm an irresponsible, horny fool who doesn't think with my brain, I shouldn't have to pay the full amount". COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a f-ing clue!
Pity parents don't give a sh*t about educating their kids!
BRAVO!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">