• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teen paying child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal1421

tphillips357 said:
She didn't say her nephew. She said male as in general. Nobody said that he couldn't work but it's not like she can't work either. How does anybody on here know if it was unprotected sex unless you were in the room with them. I do know that condoms do break and I'm not saying that they used one. For all we know she could have told him she was on the pill or the could have been together for along time and just not used one who knows but them? Nobody's life is the same once a child is born. But not all women are innocent just like all men are not guilty like every body on here seems to jump to think.
And that is exactly why KIDS, as well as some adults should not be having sex.

Neal1421 said:
$150-$180 a month barely covers 1 week of daycare.
The mother will probably qualify for some type of assistant w/ daycare. There's no way she's going to have to pay the full amount that the rest of us have to pay. Plus, some schools offer daycare services for these types of situations. At the end of the day mom and dad are probably not going to have to support the kid w/o some type of government assistance.

ceara19 said:
The kid in question is 16 years old. He can work full time if he so choses. His "future" is now being a PARENT, no matter what his plans were before.
What kind of job do you know of that is going to hire you full time at 16 years of age that will give HIS kid the future it needs to make it in the future. That's the type of thinking that has this country in the hole because nobody wants to see our kids get ahead even if they are babies having babies. If he doesn't get a future neither will his kid just like the mother of his kid. Think about that. She also needs to finish school if she hasn't already.

AHA

tphillips357 said:
What kind of job do you know of that is going to hire you full time at 16 years of age that will give HIS kid the future it needs to make it in the future. That's the type of thinking that has this country in the hole because nobody wants to see our kids get ahead even if they are babies having babies. If he doesn't get a future neither will his kid just like the mother of his kid. Think about that. She also needs to finish school if she hasn't already.
Fine, then make sure that it is YOUR tax dollars and not mine, that are paying all of their bills for years to come!

ceara19

tphillips357 said:
I can provide a better future to MY children if I just quit working and went to medical school too. But then, what am I supposed to do about the HERE and NOW? Should my kids go w/o food, shelter, clothing, etc., for the next 8 years so that I can provide a better FUTURE for them?

The child's not going to have ANY FUTURE if it starves to death before it's parents decide to grow the h e l l up and be responsible!

AHA said:
Fine, then make sure that it is YOUR tax dollars and not mine, that are paying all of their bills for years to come!
What would you rather do pay for it for a little while? While he goes through school or let him drop out and be on the system the rest of the time that you pay your taxes or you die which ever comes first? Which makes more sense to you? To me it makes more sense to let him go through school and work that way he pays taxes to and in a few years he'll hopefully won't still be in the system but to a lot of other people it makes more sense for him to drop out and more then not end up in jail or prison with his kid in the system until he/she is 18. With your tax dollars then paying for him if he's in jail or prison and his kid. That then really makes more sense then right?????:confused:

AHA

tphillips357 said:
What would you rather do pay for it for a little while? While he goes through school or let him drop out and be on the system the rest of the time that you pay your taxes or you die which ever comes first? Which makes more sense to you? To me it makes more sense to let him go through school and work that way he pays taxes to and in a few years he'll hopefully won't still be in the system but to a lot of other people it makes more sense for him to drop out and more then not end up in jail or prison with his kid in the system until he/she is 18. With your tax dollars then paying for him if he's in jail or prison and his kid. That then really makes more sense then right?????:confused:
Like I said if he's not going to school he'd have to work (ie earning an income, ANY income to support his kid), NOT BE IN THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!
Go ahead and send your checks to them if you want, I'M NOT!

AHA

tphillips357 said:
What would you rather do pay for it for a little while? While he goes through school or let him drop out and be on the system the rest of the time that you pay your taxes or you die which ever comes first?
I don't want to have to pay for him or his kids at all, EVER, how about that?????

ceara19 said:
I can provide a better future to MY children if I just quit working and went to medical school too. But then, what am I supposed to do about the HERE and NOW? Should my kids go w/o food, shelter, clothing, etc., for the next 8 years so that I can provide a better FUTURE for them?

The child's not going to have ANY FUTURE if it starves to death before it's parents decide to grow the h e l l up and be responsible!
Ceara19 I do think that your a little bit older then 16. I think 18 is the legal age to be an adult.

Neal1421

tphillips357 said:
If they can't take care of and support their baby then father and mother's parents should be paying for it then in my opinion. They were the ones that didn't care enough to educate their children about sex and its consequences or keep an eye on them. They were their parents' responsibility, not mine. I should not have to pay for it.

AHA said:
I don't want to have to pay for him or his kids at all, EVER, how about that?????
I think you're going to be in trouble then if you pay taxes cuz you're already paying for a lot of other people besides this kid that wants to work and goto school to have a future.

AHA

tphillips357 said:
I think you're going to be in trouble then if you pay taxes cuz you're already paying for a lot of other people besides this kid that wants to work and goto school to have a future.
Exactly, so why should I be ok with adding more and more irresponsible idiots and applauding their sorry behavior and rewarding them by paying their bills?????
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!

AHA said:
Exactly, so why should I be ok with adding more and more irresponsible idiots and applauding their sorry behavior and rewarding them with paying the bills?????
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!
AHA...It really is unfair to do battle with an unarmed opponent. :p

AHA

Ithildriel said:
AHA...It really is unfair to do battle with an unarmed opponent. :p
She is/was obviously a teen mom who got others to pay her way. What an accomplishment!

Neal1421 said:
If they can't take care of and support their baby then father and mother's parents should be paying for it then in my opinion. They were the ones that didn't care enough to educate their children about sex and its consequences or keep an eye on them. They were their parents' responsibility, not mine. I should not have to pay for it.
Would you feel the same way if it was your kid in this spot? That's where part of your taxes along with everybody elses taxes goes. For the poor. I know a lot of people take advantage of the system but a lot of people need it for when they lose there job or they get older or retire and not everything is cover by there company. Times change and people learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">