• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tell me tell me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaxpink

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Mom refused Dad his Saturday Visitation last Saturday (4 hrs)-
Dad has Visitation every Saturday- 8 hours this Sat.
Mom has called Dad to tell Dad to take his time on Thanksgiving b/c she wants to go out of town-
Mom says Dad cant file a contempt order and "Your lawyer and my Lawyer know you cant"- she says..
Dad talks to mom this evening and Mom states to take the girls tomorrow and that her lawyer sent Dads lawyer the order for it- Dad has no order- Dad calls Att at dinner. (oops)
But Dad's lawyer says I didnt get anything and that "After Dinner I will go check but nothing is signed!!"
Dad tells mom he will take girls with his 8hrs and his extra 4 hrs (make-up) on Thanksgiving so that mom can go out of town for the weekend, which would be interfering with Dads Saturday. - If she puts it in writing this evening-Mom refuses..
Now I know Dad can file contempt from past Sat. Does having Mom on voicemail saying she will refuse kids this saturday intent and at all more helpful to file contempt this time??
Can dad file twice for each time? At the same time??
Will mom be fined/jailed for each? Which happens first?
Why would a lawyer tell their client not to allow the other parent time with his kids?

Last edited:

jaxpink

How about Dad comes and asks. He simply has GOT to be more literate. Really.
these are facts simply put- Literate would mean i couldn't type nor read in order to reply to your post-
its easier than to say my neighbors sisters brother:) each and every time-

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
these are facts simply put- Literate would mean i couldn't type nor read in order to reply to your post-
its easier than to say my neighbors sisters brother:) each and every time-
If that's who you're posting for, all the more reason for Dad to come and post himself. You simply cannot know the relevant details.

And I'm sorry, but your level of communication is.... barely literate.

jaxpink

If that's who you're posting for, all the more reason for Dad to come and post himself. You simply cannot know the relevant details.

And I'm sorry, but your level of communication is.... barely literate.
well No im not but that's not the point- How is my posting not "literate" enough for you.
if you are confused you may ask if not thanks for taking the time to write.....

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
well No im not but that's not the point- How is my posting not "literate" enough for you.
I've read all of your posts. And, well..... if you think you're literate... not much to say. You have a great deal of difficulty getting your thoughts across cohesively. Try giving 5th grade English another crack. ;)

LdiJ

I've read all of your posts. And, well..... if you think you're literate... not much to say. You have a great deal of difficulty getting your thoughts across cohesively. Try giving 5th grade English another crack. ;)
I have to agree...what you post makes absolutely no sense.

For starters you might try correct punctuation. You should capitalize the first word in a sentence not the second, unless of course the second happens to be a proper noun (name of person or place etc...). Next, you should put a question mark at the end of sentence that is a question. Also, comma's in relevant places are always appreciated. Finally, and this applies more to the original post than the one quoted, please write in proper paragraph form. Nobody expects perfection. Heck, I'm sure my writing isn't perfect, but at least attempt the basics of good English.

jaxpink

For starters you might try correct punctuation. You should capitalize the first word in a sentence not the second, unless of course the second happens to be a proper noun (name of person or place etc...). Next, you should put a question mark at the end of sentence that is a question. Also, comma's in relevant places are always appreciated. Finally, and this applies more to the original post than the one quoted, please write in proper paragraph form. Nobody expects perfection. Heck, I'm sure my writing isn't perfect, but at least attempt the basics of good English.

Well Sorry to disappoint you but I was in GT English, if you know what that means?
I was told to enter spaces and not make it like a book...I have used puncuation but maybe not capilized but i can assure you its not contagious.. You will not get it..:) Maybe I could have Quoted what other's said a bit more- All in all I should hope your grammar experience can help you get the point to understand what the situation is at hand.
Each question does in fact have a question mark.

"Does having Mom on voicemail saying she will refuse kids this saturday intent and at all more helpful to file contempt this time??
Why would a lawyer tell their client not to allow the other parent time with his kids?"

Also may I point out every good grammar/english student knows what questions begin with;
Example: Does, Why, Will, Can are some.

I hope I have not offended you.

jaxpink

Did Dad go to pick them up and they weren't produced by Mom?

Are you asking if Mom's statements to not let Dad have kids this upcoming weekend can be used as proof she intended to commit contempt? Well, if she doesn't let Dad have kids, she will be in contempt, whether she announced it in advance or not. If there's any dispute whether he arrived this coming Sat to pick kids up, the prior notice she planned to deprive his visitation would come in handy.

File *what* twice? Two citations of contempt, one for each Saturday (should she fail to produce kids when he goes to pick up this Sat, too)? Yes.

I don't know if anyone can answer. Depends on history, severity of the violations, judge's tolerance for the violations. I do not think 2 missed Sats would ever get someone in jail the first time they're in court on contempt, but if there's been a pattern and they've been sternly warned and have flagrant disregard for the court's orders, then I could see it.

Is this a family law attorney familiar with family law statutes? Are you sure the attorney really said that? I don't know if it matters why the attorney said that, if they did, it doesn't make them right.
Your first question would be yes. Dad had a competant adult go to pick up the girls while he met with a new attorney Saturday at 9. His pick up is at 10 but it's a 45 minute drive to moms.
Mom was never even there- Police called mom and mom stated she was not going to give anyone besides Dad kids, but Mom was never home to begin with. The Sheriff was on the phone for 15 minutes with mom as Mom BF coached her as to say this or that, in the end she told the officer she was not going to let Dad see kids b/c of a fight over the telephone days prior.
Now Mom tells Dad tonight she will be out of town and will not tell Dad where at so that he cant even pick up kids for his 8 hours. Mom says well I will not be there and thats that.

Actually to your last question; Moms attorney just branched off on his own. He was an attorney with the attorney general so I dont know what he knows besides support.
He is sneaky for one.
I would think he could have said that since he knew Dad had fired his previous attorney.

jaxpink

I've read all of your posts. And, well..... if you think you're literate... not much to say. You have a great deal of difficulty getting your thoughts across cohesively. Try giving 5th grade English another crack. ;)[/QUOTE

No, these poor you, were not my thoughts. Merely statements of fact.
My thoughts would be a texas tornado if I tried to get those strung across a webpage..

Humusluvr

"Does having Mom on voicemail saying she will refuse kids this saturday intent and at all more helpful to file contempt this time??

None of those questions make any sense....

Last edited:

jaxpink

Now I believe that you all understand what I am faced with as a teacher in South Texas. Dear Lord...... and jaxpink is GT!!!
Yes sweet teacher unless u are on the border :) now that might be difficult.
If you read the information before the questions,it's pertaining to an order for contempt. The following questions are asked in regards to that. Thanks

Humusluvr

Yes sweet teacher unless u are on the border :) now that might be difficult.
If you read the information before the questions,it's pertaining to an order for contempt. The following questions are asked in regards to that. Thanks
Oh, I understand! English is your second language! Well, no wonder nothing you typed made sense. Hope you keep up with those GT English classes.

My sincerest apologies....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">