• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Custody...Can It Be Reversed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
BTW, deleting my post/reporting it is not going to get you anywhere. I said NOTHING wrong in my answer to you and I know it was there when I logged off at 820 am. I answered every question and pointed out why you were in the wrong. Can't help it that you don't like it. The question she didn't answer by the way was in the post that someone reported. Time for some people to grow up quite frankly as I didn't say anything out of line.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
BTW, deleting my post/reporting it is not going to get you anywhere. I said NOTHING wrong in my answer to you and I know it was there when I logged off at 820 am. I answered every question and pointed out why you were in the wrong. Can't help it that you don't like it. The question she didn't answer by the way was in the post that someone reported. Time for some people to grow up quite frankly as I didn't say anything out of line.
Agreed - nothing out of line in that post. I read it this morning.

The judge actually allowed step-mom to do this?
My ex's wife testified.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Agreed - nothing out of line in that post. I read it this morning.

My ex's wife testified.
Thanks Stealth. I didn't say anything out of line to her. What I did do was point out some inaccuracies in her way of thought and asked her relevant questions. And you are right about the testimony.

milspecgirl

Where the teacher noticed the issue doesn't matter. Where mom noticed the slipping grades does matter but if she couldn't prove that she was on top of things when she was the only one with custody -- and I notice she didn't answer MY QUESTION about whether dad was listed on the school records or not -- she is responsible.

That's what I meant. Mom said she had been working with the child and that the child had in fact brought the grades up some. She did not have those records in court because she didnt know dad was going to bring a past grade report to court and that she would need a more recent one to refute it.

She needs to show that the reason she lost custody (according to her, which is all we can go on) was something she was already working on prior to the temp order and that it was working.

Dad obviously knew about the grades if he brought them up in court, but he couldnt show what HE had done to help the issue? So, he obviously had some sort of access to records

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That's what I meant. Mom said she had been working with the child and that the child had in fact brought the grades up some. She did not have those records in court because she didnt know dad was going to bring a past grade report to court and that she would need a more recent one to refute it.
Oh come on! Are you really telling me that, if your ex filed for custody (for whatever reason) and your kid was failing his core classes - you would NOT think it important enough to (a) mention to your lawyer and (b) that it might be worthwhile having that information with you when you went to court?

Maybe it's me, but when I've had to go to court, I've brought the most inconsequential pieces of information with me - JUST IN CASE!

She needs to show that the reason she lost custody (according to her, which is all we can go on) was something she was already working on prior to the temp order and that it was working.
Yes, that would be a good plan.

Dad obviously knew about the grades if he brought them up in court, but he couldnt show what HE had done to help the issue? So, he obviously had some sort of access to records
Also a good point to bring up. However, if he's not listed with the school, that could be a huge point against Mom. He may well have gotten that progress report from the son.

mistoffolees

Thank you, since you were the only one who answered the questions I asked.

[snip]

So, thank you, CJane...you were the only one who gave me advice as pertaining to my questions.
That is not true. I was TRYING to answer your questions, but need more information. See post #4. Answering questions without complete information can be worse than not answering at all.

If you want help, you need to provide sufficient information for the volunteers to answer your questions.

And it helps if you don't get all snarky to the people who are trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">