• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trailer rental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The trailer that was involved in the accident from my other topic did not jump like this one. It’s just that my trailer’s axles are located almost in the center and an empty trailer gives a greater load on the axle than this rented trailer. In turn, the axles of a rented trailer are located almost at the very end of the trailer. This causes the empty trailer to bounce a lot because the trailer’s own weight is not enough for the springs to smoothly absorb road unevenness. If an American company produces a trailer, then such a trailer must drive normally on American roads, no matter whether the trailer is empty or loaded. I think this is obvious and does not require additional evidence. Of course, the roads in South Dakota and Nebraska, especially between these states, are not the best, but these are still American roads on which any American trailer is simply obliged to drive without consequences.
You probably should have looked at the location of the axles before renting the trailer, maybe?

The fact seems to remain that you continued to travel a long distance with a trailer that you knew was bouncing all over the road, even after the trailer lost its ramp. Most load-less trailers will jump on uneven pavement or on poorly-maintained roads or at high speeds.

Again, you rented the trailer accepting in advance that you would be held liable for any damages to the trailer. I think that is a problem for you that will be hard to overcome should you decide to sue the rental company.

And, again, be very careful what you say or write about a company or its owner(s). The reputations of individuals and entities are valuable and injuring a reputation can become a costly mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">