• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trailer rental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Yes, most likely the court will ask me to do this. It seems to me that it is almost impossible to prove all this, but there are still some arguments. When asked how the spring could have broken, the owner of the company said that I ran over something and that’s why the spring broke. The wheels were worn out because I was towing a trailer with a faulty spring. Then I asked to show the damage on the rim, but they said that they did not know how the spring broke without damage to the wheel rim. I asked how the ramp could get lost if it was locked in a special pocket, the owner of the company replied that he didn’t know. I left photos of this pocket on Yelp where you can see that the ramp moved while driving and left shiny marks. This ramp have flew out of its pocket somewhere between South Dakota and Nebraska. Thank God that this ramp didn’t hit anyone’s car or kill anyone. You can read a few more details there in my review. The most important part of my review is that I recommended ToolRent LLC stop renting this trailer out because it self-destructs while being towed. Toolrent filed a complaint about my review, but Yelp did not remove my review. The problem here is also that this company produces trailers for sale and all their bumper pull trailers have a similar design error.
If this trailer was rented prior to your establishment of your transport company, how long ago did you actually rent this trailer? You might have a statute of limitations issue in trying to file a lawsuit.

RomTon

If this trailer was rented prior to your establishment of your transport company, how long ago did you actually rent this trailer? You might have a statute of limitations issue in trying to file a lawsuit.
This incident has nothing to do with my company. At that time I was working under the flag of another company. This July will mark the second anniversary of this event. That's why I need to hurry.

quincy

This incident has nothing to do with my company. At that time I was working under the flag of another company. This July will mark the second anniversary of this event. That's why I need to hurry.
Okay. Yes. You need to hurry. I suggest you speak to an attorney now rather than wait any longer.

quincy

You probably should have your YELP review looked at by an attorney, too, by the way. Any false claims made by you could support a defamation lawsuit.

RomTon

To be clear, we're talking about $800, right?
I spent over three thousand on this trailer and didn't get the profit I was hoping for. In addition, I spent two days searching for a ramp and making another ramp to replace the lost one.

RomTon

You probably should have your YELP review looked at by an attorney, too, by the way. Any false claims made by you could support a defamation lawsuit.
I'll try to sue in a small court without a lawyer. It is not difficult for me to prove that the trailers of this company self-destruct and are therefore unsuitable for use.

RomTon

Here is my Yelp review
I have also suffered from this company. I rented a trailer from them for a month, but it literally fell apart with absolutely no load. I had to buy three wheels and material to make the ramp. Their unloaded trailer bounces like a ball on the road and therefore falls apart on its own. Because of this, the trailer springs fail, causing the tires to wear out intensively. When I was towing this empty trailer, one of the ramps flew out of a special pocket and got lost somewhere between South Dakota and Nebraska. I spent a whole day looking for this ramp and drove at least 500 miles but could not find this ramp. When I asked Mr. RA for another ramp, he refused. Obviously, the ramp was lost for one reason only, because the ramp pocket could not hold it. I tried to buy another ramp but all the other ramps didn't fit this trailer. Then I bought material and welding equipment and made another ramp myself right in the garage of a client whom had his car transported. Also Mr. RA refused to refund all my costs for this trailer. When I demanded to replace this trailer with a serviceable one, he agreed. However, when I brought him his trailer to Texas, he accused me of breaking this trailer. Also, Mr. RA, $883.36 from my debit card for allegedly breaking his trailer. He also accused me of breaking the jack, while he himself, driving the loader, drove the unraveled trailer jack onto the curb, which made me hear a loud sound from the jack hitting the curb. I am now suing Mr. RA for $3,274.47. I also ask the court to recover from him for all my suffering with this trailer moral damage at the discretion of the court.
It's not that Mr. RA gave me a trailer full of junk. The fact is that he literally left me with a problem that arose through his fault. At the same time, he said that it was my fault that I signed the contract and did not point out the shortcomings of this trailer before signing the contract. I don't want other people to suffer like me. Therefore, I highly recommend Mr. RA will continue to show respect for people and will not give up his direct duties to monitor the technical condition of his trailers. I bought myself a similar 36 foot trailer from the Appalachian brand. The axles of this trailer are located closer to the middle and therefore they are more pressed by the weight of the empty trailer. Therefore, the empty Apalachi trailer does not jump and does not self-destruct, unlike toolrent trailers. Therefore, I also recommend Mr. RA stop renting his trailers to people. If he wants to continue leasing his trailers to people, he should make other trailers. In trailers, the axles should be installed correctly, that is, closer to the middle, so that the empty trailer does not jumping during towing and does not self-destructing.
With all due respect, I strongly recommend the management of tool rent to read the book Complaint as a gift https...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
By your own description, it was your use of the trailer over roads and at speeds that caused it to "bounce like a ball" that likely caused the damage to the trailer that you are complaining about.

Not getting the profit that you were "hoping for" isn't something that you are entitled to compensation for.

quincy

RomTon, your post with a reprint of your Yelp review was reported to FA’s moderator for a personal review and to have all real names edited out.

If the rental company finds your Yelp review defamatory (and the company and the individual you named potentially could), your republication of the review here is not smart and could potentially increase any damages awarded against you.

Last edited:

quincy

By your own description, it was your use of the trailer over roads and at speeds that caused it to "bounce like a ball" that likely caused the damage to the trailer that you are complaining about. …
I agree.

I mentioned earlier that an overweight load, an uneven load, under inflated tires, high speeds and temperature changes can all lead to the failure of a trailer or trailer parts. Driving long distances with an empty trailer can also cause trailer damage.

If I saw the possibility of a supportable legal action against the rental company earlier, I see far less of a possibility now.

RomTon

I agree.

I mentioned earlier that an overweight load, an uneven load, under inflated tires, high speeds and temperature changes can all lead to the failure of a trailer or trailer parts. Driving long distances with an empty trailer can also cause trailer damage.

If I saw the possibility of a supportable legal action against the rental company earlier, I see far less of a possibility now.
I agree.

The trailer that was involved in the accident from my other topic did not jump like this one. It’s just that my trailer’s axles are located almost in the center and an empty trailer gives a greater load on the axle than this rented trailer. In turn, the axles of a rented trailer are located almost at the very end of the trailer. This causes the empty trailer to bounce a lot because the trailer’s own weight is not enough for the springs to smoothly absorb road unevenness. If an American company produces a trailer, then such a trailer must drive normally on American roads, no matter whether the trailer is empty or loaded. I think this is obvious and does not require additional evidence. Of course, the roads in South Dakota and Nebraska, especially between these states, are not the best, but these are still American roads on which any American trailer is simply obliged to drive without consequences.

RomTon

RomTon, your post with a reprint of your Yelp review was reported to FA’s moderator for a personal review and to have all real names edited out.

If the rental company finds your Yelp review defamatory (and the company and the individual you named potentially could), your republication of the review here is not smart and could potentially increase any damages awarded against you.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

RomTon

Not getting the profit that you were "hoping for" isn't something that you are entitled to compensation for.
I read somewhere the law on horseshoes, but then I also came across court decisions where such compensation was given.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The trailer that was involved in the accident from my other topic did not jump like this one. It’s just that my trailer’s axles are located almost in the center and an empty trailer gives a greater load on the axle than this rented trailer. In turn, the axles of a rented trailer are located almost at the very end of the trailer. This causes the empty trailer to bounce a lot because the trailer’s own weight is not enough for the springs to smoothly absorb road unevenness. If an American company produces a trailer, then such a trailer must drive normally on American roads, no matter whether the trailer is empty or loaded. I think this is obvious and does not require additional evidence. Of course, the roads in South Dakota and Nebraska, especially between these states, are not the best, but these are still American roads on which any American trailer is simply obliged to drive without consequences.
Funny how you focus on the road condition, but not a word about your speed along those roads.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">