• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trump and the Bill of Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well lawyers on my law group (not mine as in ownership but mine as in I am a member and all MEMBERS are lawyers) have posted something regarding ICE raids in NY. I have no reason to disbelief it because the lawyer who saw it posted what she saw but apparently the media says it is a hoax. However Customs demanding identification from all people disembarking from a domestic flight is fact. Customs doesn't have that authority. They deal with BORDERS for gosh darn sakes (been a day and trying not to swear). CA to NY is not international or borders that they have any right to deal with.

LdiJ

Well lawyers on my law group (not mine as in ownership but mine as in I am a member and all MEMBERS are lawyers) have posted something regarding ICE raids in NY. I have no reason to disbelief it because the lawyer who saw it posted what she saw but apparently the media says it is a hoax. However Customs demanding identification from all people disembarking from a domestic flight is fact. Customs doesn't have that authority. They deal with BORDERS for gosh darn sakes (been a day and trying not to swear). CA to NY is not international or borders that they have any right to deal with.
I am extremely disturbed by what is going on in the federal government right now. I am very disturbed that we have a president who has a problem telling the truth. I am so disturbed that I cannot even articulate all that scare and disturbs me.

Just Blue

I am extremely disturbed by what is going on in the federal government right now. I am very disturbed that we have a president who has a problem telling the truth. I am so disturbed that I cannot even articulate all that scare and disturbs me.
I am concerned with the Freedom of the Press. Or lack there of. Trump does not like certain press. Pretty soon ONLY news groups that only give chocolate and roses to that man will be allowed in the White House.

Flipping terrible. UN-AMERICAN.:mad:

SoFlo954

I worked at the elections. I was discriminated against over worked. And people would sit around while others r working hard. That's fraud right?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The budget has us paying millions to get the wall started and billions later it will be finished but we don't have money for health insurance for everyone. Go figure that. The new AHCA plan will leave millions without insurance AND cost those on it, per the CBO, thousands more in premiums for less coverage. Trump's budget is out and defunds NEA. Legal Services is also on the chopping block. Bills to terminate the EPA and Department of Education are pending. An executive order was signed telling cabinet officials to determine how much of the different departments can be done away with. Consolidation of power. Go figure.

Anyone afraid yet?

Just Blue

The budget has us paying millions to get the wall started and billions later it will be finished but we don't have money for health insurance for everyone. Go figure that. The new AHCA plan will leave millions without insurance AND cost those on it, per the CBO, thousands more in premiums for less coverage. Trump's budget is out and defunds NEA. Legal Services is also on the chopping block. Bills to terminate the EPA and Department of Education are pending. An executive order was signed telling cabinet officials to determine how much of the different departments can be done away with. Consolidation of power. Go figure.

Anyone afraid yet?
I have been scared as of Nov 9th 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

NIV

A group of left-leaning law professors started a blog with the hope of "Ensuring the President “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed”". There are any of a number of articles on the legal arguments to the President's actions.

http://takecareblog.com/

quincy

A group of left-leaning law professors started a blog with the hope of "Ensuring the President “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed”". There are any of a number of articles on the legal arguments to the President's actions.

http://takecareblog.com/
Thank you, NIV.

A couple of the contributors on Take Care are known to me. It is an exceptionally bright group that has been gathered together for the blog.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Comey is testifying that the FBI is investigating Russia and Trump. The House Intelligence Committee is taking testimony on "wiretapping" and such. Good grief. It is proving interesting.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I'm waiting for "FAKE NEWS! BAD! SAD! and also I cannot spell "tap" but that's prolly FAKE NEWS as well" to come screaming out if its Twitter account.

Yes, I fully expect it to label the FBI & CIA, "FAKE NEWS".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">