• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair practices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

You are correct. I should have clarified that I’m talking about employees that can cause grave repercussions to themselves, the company and others if impaired on the job. I am a soon to be an ex front line supervisor in a power plant. If the “girls or boys” travel and have a few cocktails on the airplane or at a social gathering for work, not a problem with me unless the company has reasons to forbid it. It has to be kept in mind that when you are traveling, socializing or whatever for the company you are representing the company and getting paid to do that. If the rule is no drinking during company travel on paid time that is exactly what it means.
The OP says they travel for work and that there are different standards for behavior for male and female employees, and women were fired for behaviors accepted for male employees. This does happen. There are plenty of articles about double standards for men and women in the workplace, and the difference in perception between when men and women drink.

Bali Hai Again

The OP says they travel for work and that there are different standards for behavior for male and female employees, and women were fired for behaviors accepted for male employees. This does happen. There are plenty of articles about double standards for men and women in the workplace, and the difference in perception between when men and women drink.
Not arguing with what you say but I’m sure the judge will sort it all out at the unemployment hearing and won’t need to refer to any articles to make a decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">