• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unjustly targeted, accused and defamed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Let me rephrase: Is it in any way a violation of my civil rights to be harassed, singled out or cyberbullied for wrongful perception from an administrator and/or contributor on any given website?
Are you identified or identifiable on the website? If not, then no. There is no violation of any of your rights or any legal action you can take against the website or its contributors.

NWI1990

Are you identified or identifiable on the website? If not, then no. There is no violation of any of your rights or any legal action you can take against the website or its contributors.
Someone can easily find me in a search outside of this site, as my legal name is on the site and visible. A person had looked me up before after leaving rude messages on a GoFundMe campaign of mine and went as far as to block my personal Facebook account when I had never contacted them and wasn't planning to.

PayrollHRGuy

Harassment can rise to the level of a crime. Blocking you on Facebook is not harassment. Singling you out is not harassment.

How about a sample of this harassment.

quincy

Someone can easily find me in a search outside of this site, as my legal name is on the site and visible. A person had looked me up before after leaving rude messages on a GoFundMe campaign of mine and went as far as to block my personal Facebook account when I had never contacted them and wasn't planning to.
If you feel the cyber bullying or harassment or defamation or privacy invasion rises to a level where your real person has been severely harmed, and you are willing and able to pump a lot of money into chasing down those you feel have wronged you, speak to an attorney in your area for a personal review.

I do not see that what you have described is worth the high cost of pursuing, especially when there is a simple solution (i.e., leave the site). But apparently you are on a mission. Find an attorney who thinks your mission has merit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">