• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful Concealment NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

I get it that throwing a jacket over a cart may be entirely innocent act with no intent to hide .....but the law doesn't require proof of intent only the act of concealing.....had you covered the stuff while walking about it might seem a mistake....but checking out with it still there probably made the point for the loss management staff.

I very strongly suggest you get counsel and somebody with a successful track record for his or her clients re shoplifting issues . No clue what the income threshold is for a public defender....sort that out in advance ...please, do not go to trial wo counsel in your corner .....

quincy

I get it that throwing a jacket over a cart may be entirely innocent act with no intent to hide .....but the law doesn't require proof of intent only the act of concealing.....had you covered the stuff while walking about it might seem a mistake....but checking out with it still there probably made the point for the loss management staff.

I very strongly suggest you get counsel and somebody with a successful track record for his or her clients re shoplifting issues . No clue what the income threshold is for a public defender....sort that out in advance ...please, do not go to trial wo counsel in your corner .....
I provided the information on public defenders and a link to the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">