• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upset!child support for a kid we have NEVER knew about until she was 12!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
frustrated99 said:
Can I the wife who came into his life after this child was concieved be held responsible just because I am married to him.
To a certain extent - yes. Cause if they establish support and it's not paid then they can come after your joint assets. The same is true for all married people w/ combined assets. Just because you didn't know about the child upfront doesn't really mean squat - he's still responsible. There's no "get out of child support" card, plenty of us "came into his life after the child was conceived".

The best bet is for daddy to "man up" and get a job and pay his support. And if you think the people here are harsh, wait 'till you get in front of the judge.

casa

Since he didn't show for the court appearance...(and no one responded to the filings:rolleyes: ) the case was won by default. He is now legally established as the father and has a child support obligation he must make or face fines, jail time etc. As other posters more knowledgable in taxes told you- It can only get worse.

Get an attorney consult at least. ASAP. Is your husband on SSDI? If not, why not? If his condition is so bad, why is he in charge of raising your 3 children? :eek:

frustrated99

responces to all

We are currently looking into him being on disability. He has said he will do what he has to to fullful his obligation if the child is his. Already nothing is in his name because he never had a job/ or drivers license until March 05. This guy definitely has problems. It has been a huge burden for me to carry. I am a hard worker, have 3 of my own children(with him). I still don't understand how a woman can wait until 10 years later to inform him. Had he know way back things would have been different. Now to further complicate things, I checked at the court house yesterday and the case was closed August 03. IT is documented from 2 different agencies including child enforcement. I am wondering, why is this mother still drawing welfare and foodstamps?? Her kid is 16. On her job record it shows she never works. I think she is trying to cash in on us since her husband divorced her. I do hold the mother responsible for this. She is an adult too. It is not ALL the mans fault. As I told her, We'd be happy to have custody and could provide a nice home for her.

frustrated99 said:
As I told her, We'd be happy to have custody and could provide a nice home for her.
Aren't you special? Ready to take a 16 1/2 year old that doesn't know you or her father from Adam away from the only parent that she has ever known so that you don't have to pay child support? Oh yeah, that should go smooth. :rolleyes:

Rushia

Ithildriel said:
Aren't you special? Ready to take a 16 1/2 year old that doesn't know you or her father from Adam away from the only parent that she has ever known so that you don't have to pay child support? Oh yeah, that should go smooth. :rolleyes:
And just to further your thought... Had hubby shown in court, he could have contested paternity.

frustrated99 said:
He has said he will do what he has to to fullful his obligation if the child is his.
Once again, because of his failure to appear in court, he has been deemed the father. Legally, the child is his and now he has to pay support.

casa

frustrated99 said:
We are currently looking into him being on disability. He has said he will do what he has to to fullful his obligation if the child is his. Already nothing is in his name because he never had a job/ or drivers license until March 05. This guy definitely has problems. It has been a huge burden for me to carry. I am a hard worker, have 3 of my own children(with him). I still don't understand how a woman can wait until 10 years later to inform him. Had he know way back things would have been different. Now to further complicate things, I checked at the court house yesterday and the case was closed August 03. IT is documented from 2 different agencies including child enforcement. I am wondering, why is this mother still drawing welfare and foodstamps?? Her kid is 16. On her job record it shows she never works. I think she is trying to cash in on us since her husband divorced her. I do hold the mother responsible for this. She is an adult too. It is not ALL the mans fault. As I told her, We'd be happy to have custody and could provide a nice home for her.
If Dad showed at the hearing, he would have been able to try to contest it. He could also have had paternity established (or not) & know whether the child is really even his. Now he has no choice but to follow the court order or be in contempt.

fairisfair

frustrated99 said:
How can a woman wait 10 years to inform him? First of all, obviously, he was informed a long time ago, and secondly, probably the same way a woman can hang around in a marriage with a guy with all these "issues"

Why is she drawing welfare and foodstamps? probably because the father of her child isn't paying his support, hmmm, that might have something to do with it, you think?

OMG, she doesn't work??? well according to you, neither does your husband.

And as for the custody thing**************.as Ithidriel said, good luck with that one.

fairisfair said:
probably the same way a woman can hang around in a marriage with a guy with all these "issues"
I've been avoiding this one, but since you through it out there, it really does seem that the easiest way for her to NOT have to pay this woman child support is to divorce the dead beat. I will admit I haven't looked real hard, but I don't remember seeing anywhere on this thread where she has stated any redeming qualitis to her husband. I am clueless as to why she feels staying married to him is a benefit to her or to her children.:eek:

Neal1421

Ithildriel said:
I've been avoiding this one, but since you through it out there, it really does seem that the easiest way for her to NOT have to pay this woman child support is to divorce the dead beat. I will admit I haven't looked real hard, but I don't remember seeing anywhere on this thread where she has stated any redeming qualitis to her husband. I am clueless as to why she feels staying married to him is a benefit to her or to her children.:eek:
Now, let's think about this. If she does divorce him, she won't get child support from him and she will have the added expense of getting the kids in daycare.

;)

CJane

Ithildriel said:
I will admit I haven't looked real hard, but I don't remember seeing anywhere on this thread where she has stated any redeming qualitis to her husband. I am clueless as to why she feels staying married to him is a benefit to her or to her children.:eek:

He's a nanny. A mentally ill on, but still - child care is expensive and we already know he won't pay support.

Neal1421 said:
Now, let's think about this. If she does divorce him, she won't get child support from him and she will have the added expense of getting the kids in daycare.

;)
But...

She wouldn't have to feed him, purchase his meds for his various mental illnesses, clothe him, etc. etc.

And, she could possibly get him to watch the kids in lieu of child support. ;)

They have been married for 15 years, we don't know the ages of the kids.

Just Blue

CJane said:
He's a nanny. A mentally ill on, but still - child care is expensive and we already know he won't pay support.
Lets not forget that this guy also is an alcoholic....But they could still provide a nice home for the 16 year old daughter that has never met them...well...it will be nice in between panic attacks, drinking binges and mantal breakdowns...:rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

baystategirl said:
Lets not forget that this guy also is an alcoholic....But they could still provide a nice home for the 16 year old daughter that has never met them...well...it will be nice in between panic attacks, drinking binges and mantal breakdowns...:rolleyes:
What is a mantal breakdown?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">