• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Veromi is Violating My Privacy!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You Are Guilty

I wonder just how many of those "opt-out subscription" sites are actually owned by the information sites they opt you out of. What a great business model!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I wonder just how many of those "opt-out subscription" sites are actually owned by the information sites they opt you out of. What a great business model!
They are also sometimes used as a way of identifying valid e-mail addresses, which are then compiled and sold to other spammers.

quincy

I personally would be wary of any site that says they can remove all personal information about you from the internet in exchange for you giving them all your personal information and some money. . . . . .

. . . . but I cannot locate anything that indicates the site mentioned by cmwmc is anything but legitimate (although their "Privacy Policy" gives me pause).

Last edited:

amagab

I checked contact info for the opt out service and they have the same address as Veromi and PeopleFinders so YES they are running a pretty good scam business.

quincy

amagab, although the information you provided is certainly pertinent to this thread and a really good addition, this thread is close to two years old.

It is generally frowned upon on this site to resurrect old threads. The original poster is long gone and his issues with Veromi have (apparently, at any rate) been resolved. ;)

amagab

amagab, although the information you provided is certainly pertinent to this thread and a really good addition, this thread is close to two years old.

It is generally frowned upon on this site to resurrect old threads. The original poster is long gone and his issues with Veromi have (apparently, at any rate) been resolved. ;)
Thank you for your advice. This thread was listed at top when searching for Veromi, which is why I thought my information would be useful.

If the administrator of this board doesn't want old threads to be dug up then I can teach him how to set the board to automatically lock threads after a certain time of inactivity.

Cheers!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I doubt that your instructions would be required. The administrator knows how to lock a thread. Which is easier; for the administrator to lock several hundred files so that you don't have to take two seconds to look at the date, or for you to take two seconds and look at the date?

amagab

I doubt that your instructions would be required. The administrator knows how to lock a thread. Which is easier; for the administrator to lock several hundred files so that you don't have to take two seconds to look at the date, or for you to take two seconds and look at the date?
As my previous post said, you create a rule in the forum admin panel to auto-lock after a certain amount of time so the admin does not need to do anything and you wouldn't have to police new members regarding this. I was not aware of your "date policy". Is it mentioned somewhere when you register? I'll make sure to double check next time I post.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it could - if you had looked at the date.

It's absurd to expect the administrator to lock every thread as it ages.

amagab

It's absurd to expect the administrator to lock every thread as it ages.
Yes, it is, if we were to expect he/she do it manually. I can't believe I have to say it for a third time that there is an auto-lock feature in the admin panel that could be very useful here with your "date policy".

No worries, I'll probably be banned from here now after suggesting such a lovely feature that works fine on other forums.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, for me it is. It's unfortunate we had to go through this discussion as it could have been prevented in the first place.
Funny - the proper thing for you to have done would be to say "Oops, my bad" (or something similar).

Instead, you feel it is necessary to complain. bleh.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, it is, if we were to expect he/she do it manually. I can't believe I have to say it for a third time that there is an auto-lock feature in the admin panel that could be very useful here with your "date policy".

No worries, I'll probably be banned from here now after suggesting such a lovely feature that works fine on other forums.
You have done nothing that warrants a ban.
Of course, don't let that stop you from exclusively utilizing forums with an auto-lock feature. We won't mind. ;)

amagab

Funny - the proper thing for you to have done would be to say "Oops, my bad" (or something similar).

Instead, you feel it is necessary to complain. bleh.
I didn't complain to start with. I thanked quincy for pointing it out and then offered my help.

You have done nothing that warrants a ban.
Of course, don't let that stop you from exclusively utilizing forums with an auto-lock feature. We won't mind. ;)
Thank you. I appreciate your humor. Well, hopefully this thread will be useful to the admin and future new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">