• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Veromi is Violating My Privacy!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

There have been many times that I've thought the updating of information from old threads would be useful, so that those who run across these old threads when doing an online search would be better informed. I have also wondered, though, why these old threads don't get locked, to keep them from popping back up. I know the idea has been suggested by other forum members in the past.

At any rate, I think your addition to the thread, amagab, does provide the benefit of an update to any reader who runs across the thread.

I think the major problem that comes from resurrecting old threads, and why it is not encouraged on this site, is that a poster will often resurrect the old thread to give advice to the original poster, an original poster who may have been gone from the site for 2, 6 or even 10 years. Or when a poster resurrects an old thread to tack on a "similar" question of their own, when it would have been better to just start their own thread. These types of posts tend to benefit no one.

Last edited:

woahfee

hey charlotte...

just wanted to let you let know...

Im not trying to be rude or childish but I came in here simply for some help and you came across a little condescending rather than really offering any new help - and despite what you thought - there is an option you were not aware of.

I signed up with a removal program - XXXX was the one I had recommended to me - I was removed from Veromi, People Search, and the other public records sites selling info in less than 24 hours.

So for anyone else who has this issue...

YOU ARE NOT POWERLESS.

You don't have to go to court.

Sign up for a removal service - it was only 80 bucks for the year. Worth to me when you weigh how much your privacy, safety, and identity protection are worth :D They also do daily removals in case anything new comes up about you.

Thank you to the person who actually helped me :D !!!!! I truly do appreciate the info, and i am happily removed and feeling much safer.

HELLO! I REALLY WANT THIS LINK! I had some embarrassing down-on-my-luck times that I really do NOT want a potential employer to find quite THAT easily. I might have to start lying about my address on resumes if this crap keeps up since no employer really cares where you live, anyway, and you can always say that you moved recently if you have to change it once the paperwork gets started.

But, anyway, PLEASE TELL ME how did you get off this horrible, horrible privacy-invading website?! Thanks.

quincy

woahfee: one, the type of link you are requesting cannot be provided here because it is considered advertising (read the terms of service) and, two, did you read and understand the last few posts made to this thread?

Tacking questions onto a very old thread is not helpful. If you have a question, you can start your own thread. . . . . although if you do, and it is only to ask for the link to a commercial site, you will be told to read the terms of service. ;)

I don't, by the way, recommend that you lie on any employment application.

Antigone*

woahfee: one, the type of link you are requesting cannot be provided here because it is considered advertising (read the terms of service) and, two, did you read and understand the last few posts made to this thread?

Tacking questions onto a very old thread is not helpful. If you have a question, you can start your own thread. . . . . although if you do, and it is only to ask for the link to a commercial site, you will be told to read the terms of service. ;)

I don't, by the way, recommend that you lie on any employment application.
qunicy,

I think it is hilarious, that woahfee is so paranoid about what potential employers may find out about him. A 10-second Google search came up with this:

I'm 37, I am not a kid. I honestly don't need any suggestions about anything life-related other than what I'm asking about on this forum, which is pheromones. Okay? Thanks.

I have no major problems. I'm shooting for perfection, not suffering from depression or OCD or poor self image or bad marriage. I am very self-aware, but not self-obsessed or obsessing on my faults, either. Just aware as opposed to oblivious.

quincy

Ah. That is interesting.

It could be woahfee's pheromones which are conveying information about him to potential employers, and not Veromi at all. ;)

I suppose, however, if woafee is shooting for perfection, one way to do that is to try and have all non-perfect information deleted from any sources that may carry it. :)

woahfee

It is hilarious because you assumed that was me and my information, when in fact it is a guy from a music forum and "woahfee" is a very popular term from a Phish song. I used the name "woahfee" for exactly that reason when I joined this forum specifically to ask this question. So, it worked. :) Also, my name is not woahfee and I have no other forum affiliations under that name, so... yeah. Not stupid.

woahfee

Anyhoo, the last couple posts were just a bunch of back and forth about whether a guy should get banned or not for sharing a link. I was hoping to get a private message of what the guy used. I want to fix this and my main concern is not if someone advertises on your site, anyway. Like I said, I was hoping for a private message.

Since that doesn't look like it's going to happen, then I suppose I'll go google for privacy websites now... I have no other free advice I'm interested in at the moment or in the foreseeable future...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Anyhoo, the last couple posts were just a bunch of back and forth about whether a guy should get banned or not for sharing a link. I was hoping to get a private message of what the guy used. I want to fix this and my main concern is not if someone advertises on your site, anyway. Like I said, I was hoping for a private message.

Since that doesn't look like it's going to happen, then I suppose I'll go google for privacy websites now... I have no other free advice I'm interested in at the moment or in the foreseeable future...
Good, then you leave here knowing that your public information is not private.

woahfee

Good, then you leave here knowing that your public information is not private.
Already knew that, there just never was such an annoying website as Veromi before that I was aware of. I always knew you could pay for background checks but this website has just made it too easy. Type the name and location and blammo, you pop up for just $39. Guess I'm glad I never got busted for hookers and blow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">