• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visited by sheriff, other

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

If I said okay to search emails as I felt nothing I did was wrong. But I hear even being innocent cops can frame you etc if you talk. I've talked with a cop once about a auto incident and charges dropped.

This experience never been through. I used to email people all the time but there was a recent identity theft issue where a man used my email and phone number, and was getting weird calls, emails , etc. I did make a I'd theft report with FTC. But not sure this is the issue here.
If you contacted authorities earlier, they simply could be following up on your report.

If you are afraid YOU are the subject of an investigation, you should exercise your right to remain silent and contact an attorney for assistance.

Again, without your consent, law enforcement cannot seize and/or search your phone or your computer unless they have a warrant specific for that purpose. In other words, if they ask to look through your emails, you can (and probably would be smart to) say "no."

zddoodah

Are they looking for someone or just lying?
Ummm...how the heck would you expect anyone here would know what some unknown sheriff is doing or why?

Would an injunction pro se work or best with public defender
Huh? An injunction is a court order that requires someone to do or refrain from doing something. Against whom do you think you might be able to obtain an injunction? Also, the function of a public defender is to defend folks who cannot afford to hire criminal defense attorneys.

Just Blue

sigh...

Confidence lost again. This time I think I'll file a free police report so they can help me find my lost/abducted confidence.

zddoodah

Are you commenting or gonna give advice?
If this was directed to me, no, I'm not going to give advice (other than that you should retain the services of an attorney). Please review the "IMPORTANT NOTICE" at the bottom of every page of this site. I did, however, respond to the question you asked and asked you some questions, which, had you not ignored them, might have led to further dialog.

quincy

... I'm not going to give advice (other than that you should retain the services of an attorney) ...
There appears to be some important information missing from the tale vapes tells here so retaining the services of an attorney is probably the best advice that can be offered at this point.

vapes, what you say to your attorney is privileged/confidential. You do not have to worry about disclosing too much to your attorney but you need to be careful about talking to the police and you need to be careful when posting on a public forum.

Just Blue

OP plans to sue the police, pro se, and after his "win" he apparently plans to purchase WalMart. Per his other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">