• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Walart / Sam's Club Exit Searches

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny H

One could try walking right past the receipt checkers at Costco, I used to do it all the time. They would never say a word. I would just glare at them and walk by.

Of course, I usually only had one product, two or three cartons of smokes, with the receipt on top.

If I have a cart, I wait in line with the rest of the sheep.

I thought the purpose of staff at the door was strictly to intimidate shoplifters, clearly they don't check every receipt against every cart, they merely pretend to.

I quit going to Costco due to the lack of a "express lane".

S

shell007

I personally find that the people who check receipts/merchandise at Costco's to be very nice retirees who are more concerned with getting a little extra cash to spend on their grandchildren and help with their prescriptions rather than uncovering the "shop-lifter".

It gives me the oppotunity to say "good day", and they, the opportunity to feel as though they are still an active part of the community.

kentulsa

Walmart

shellandty said:
I personally find that the people who check receipts/merchandise at Costco's to be very nice retirees who are more concerned with getting a little extra cash to spend on their grandchildren and help with their prescriptions rather than uncovering the "shop-lifter".

It gives me the oppotunity to say "good day", and they, the opportunity to feel as though they are still an active part of the community.
Shell:

I think we all agree with your compassion for our seniors..but

Does it matter if it's Good ole Granny or the Big Bad Wolf who is doing the deed?

The question remains ....is it legal?

BelizeBreeze

kentulsa said:
Shell:

I think we all agree with your compassion for our seniors..but

Does it matter if it's Good ole Granny or the Big Bad Wolf who is doing the deed?

The question remains ....is it legal?
And that question has been answered ad nausem on this forum and in the courts of all 50 states.

:rolleyes:

kentulsa

Walmart

BelizeBreeze said:
And that question has been answered ad nausem on this forum and in the courts of all 50 states.

Belize: If the answer is so obvious ad nausem, can you supply me with one case where this issue is resolved in court? I would be happy to do the research and supply you with the credit for your wisdom.

Thanks.

S

shell007

Good God Kentulsa...what is your obsession with beating a dead horse?

mycarlb

What is so sad about the whole situation is that this person is expending so much time and energy on such a petty rediculous argument... if you don't want to be subjected to the policy of a store... DON'T SHOP THERE!!!! And if you run out of stores to shop at because you are soooooooo offended at their policies... shop online... you have a computer and internet access... so stop sniveling and find a hobby...you have too much time on your hands.

You Are Guilty said:
Yep, slavery still thrives up here.
Nope, it sure doesnt, but one thing that definately thrives up there is the whole nanny state, and lets all do whatever any authority figure tells us to mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">