• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

welfare fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tinker10

"My brother makes real good money. There is no need for them to leech the system. So yes it makes me upset."

This is sister of the male homeowner. You know, the guy she wants to see prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law because he's letting this woman live with him. And she doesn't approve. And of course she knows all about the DHS case. And she found the woman a job, and the woman told her she didn't want it. (fairly polite response, if you ask me!) My point though is that even if you report it, don't expect to see them carted away in handcuffs.
She did not tell me she didnt want the job. She told me she could not find a job. My brother asked me if I could find her a job. I found her a job.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because loving sisters want to see their brother prosecuted to the full extent of the law all the time. Right.

(I don't buy it for a second that this is the sister.)

Look, you were told already - call in and report it. Please remember, you have no right to know of the results of (or even the existence of) any sort of investigation. Beyond that, butt out. Really.

dave33

That's fine, as long as they stop robbing the system. There are people out there that really need it.
It sounds like she needs it. She has three kids and her own life. You really are wasting your time and it's time to move ahead with your own life.
You must have enough of your own issues to work on, no? Concentrate on yourself, put this effort into something that can help you and improve your situation.

Tinker10

Because loving sisters want to see their brother prosecuted to the full extent of the law all the time. Right.

(I don't buy it for a second that this is the sister.)

Look, you were told already - call in and report it. Please remember, you have no right to know of the results of (or even the existence of) any sort of investigation. Beyond that, butt out. Really.
I do not care what you believe and what you do not believe. I did not ask for your advice on what I should do. I asked a legal question.

Zigner

I do not care what you believe and what you do not believe. I did not ask for your advice on what I should do. I asked a legal question.
You asked a question and stated an opinion. I answered the question and stated an opinion.

Zigner

A mother of three (including a newborn) may very well be unable to work more than 25 hours/week.

Tinker10

A mother of three (including a newborn) may very well be unable to work more than 25 hours/week.
Not sure about other states, but welfare offers child care so the parents will try and get a job and better themselves. This girl does not want to work. She lived with her mom before moving in with my brother and her mom told me that when she started telling her she needs to find a job, then she wanted to move.

Tinker10

It sounds like she needs it. She has three kids and her own life. You really are wasting your time and it's time to move ahead with your own life.
You must have enough of your own issues to work on, no? Concentrate on yourself, put this effort into something that can help you and improve your situation.
I didn't go into all of the details, but since it looks like I am picking on a poor girl with 3 kids then let me elaborate. My brother met this poor girl, who left her husband in November and got pregnant by another guy in December, on the internet. She told me she does not know who the dad is to her first child. The dad to her second child is the one she is still married to. Her husband contacted me on fb and told me his side of the story. She took off with his daughter and he is trying to fight her for custody. It's a big mess. So my brother thinks he can help her get on her feet. She does not want help, she wants a gravy train. I don't see why she can't work and make a life for the kids she has brought into this world that are being thrown around.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I didn't go into all of the details, but since it looks like I am picking on a poor girl with 3 kids then let me elaborate. My brother met this poor girl, who left her husband in November and got pregnant by another guy in December, on the internet. She told me she does not know who the dad is to her first child. The dad to her second child is the one she is still married to. Her husband contacted me on fb and told me his side of the story. She took off with his daughter and he is trying to fight her for custody. It's a big mess. So my brother thinks he can help her get on her feet. She does not want help, she wants a gravy train. I don't see why she can't work and make a life for the kids she has brought into this world that are being thrown around.
I don't see why you think this is any of YOUR business. Because guess what? It is NOT. Butt out.

TigerD

I did not ask for your advice on what I should do. I asked a legal question.
A legal question necessitates a comprehensive answer. Lawyers are attorneys and counselors at law. Your legal question implies issues that need to be explored and resolved before a course of action can be recommended. In your case, with the facts provided, the best answer to your question is a simple statement: "Mind your own business."

TD

Tinker10

A legal question necessitates a comprehensive answer. Lawyers are attorneys and counselors at law. Your legal question implies issues that need to be explored and resolved before a course of action can be recommended. In your case, with the facts provided, the best answer to your question is a simple statement: "Mind your own business."

TD
No, I will not "butt out" They brought me into this mess and made it my business. My nephew has called me crying about some stuff that is going on and I will not turn my back.

Eekamouse

No, I will not "butt out" They brought me into this mess and made it my business. My nephew has called me crying about some stuff that is going on and I will not turn my back.
Oh give me a break. Don't try to paint yourself as having noble reasons for your meddling. You just don't like your brother's new girlfriend and want to cause trouble for her and if it causes problems for your brother, too, then woohoo! Better be careful, sis. I bet there is plenty in your own yard the new girlfriend can use against you to cause YOU trouble so maybe you ought to do what others have suggested and butt out of your brother's life and keep your focus on your own. You're being really petty and vindictive about a situation that absolutely is none of your business. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">