• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

welfare fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tinker10

Oh give me a break. Don't try to paint yourself as having noble reasons for your meddling. You just don't like your brother's new girlfriend and want to cause trouble for her and if it causes problems for your brother, too, then woohoo! Better be careful, sis. I bet there is plenty in your own yard the new girlfriend can use against you to cause YOU trouble so maybe you ought to do what others have suggested and butt out of your brother's life and keep your focus on your own. You're being really petty and vindictive about a situation that absolutely is none of your business. :eek:
Ok, whatever. :rolleyes:

LdiJ

I am coming into this late into the story...but one thing no one has commented on is that its not even guaranteed that this woman is committing welfare fraud.

The man she is living with is not the father of any of her children, and therefore has no legal or moral obligation to support any of her children. I once allowed a young woman on welfare to stay in my home for a period of time. All I had to do was sign an affidavit stating that we did not share food supplies and that I was not providing any support other than a roof over her head (which avoided the taxpayers paying for section 8 housing for her) and that she was obligated to pay her share of the utilities.

Seriously peeps when it becomes true fraud is when the mother is living with the father of all or some of her children...or when someone on Section 8 allows someone else to live in the Section 8 housing, or when the mother lies about living with her own husband. Living with someone you are romantically involved with does not necessarily indicate welfare fraud.

Tinker10

I am coming into this late into the story...but one thing no one has commented on is that its not even guaranteed that this woman is committing welfare fraud.

The man she is living with is not the father of any of her children, and therefore has no legal or moral obligation to support any of her children. I once allowed a young woman on welfare to stay in my home for a period of time. All I had to do was sign an affidavit stating that we did not share food supplies and that I was not providing any support other than a roof over her head (which avoided the taxpayers paying for section 8 housing for her) and that she was obligated to pay her share of the utilities.

Seriously peeps when it becomes true fraud is when the mother is living with the father of all or some of her children...or when someone on Section 8 allows someone else to live in the Section 8 housing, or when the mother lies about living with her own husband. Living with someone you are romantically involved with does not necessarily indicate welfare fraud.
This girl has been living with my brother since December 2013, receiving welfare benefits. My brother makes close to 70k a year, why do they need welfare? He has been supporting her and her kids. He called me asking if I could help her get a job. She has her bachelor's degree in criminal justice. I got her an interview for a job with decent pay and benefits, she told them in the interview that she can't work over 25 hours. My brother told me she will loose her food stamps if she works over 25 hours. Food stamps vs full time job with benefits. It's a juvenile correctional officer position, starting out at 25K year. She just has to pass an exam, ect. So him asking me to help her find a job and she turns it down after I asked a favor and put word in for her is me being nosey I guess. She just showed that she does not want to work and yes they have been leeching off the system for no reason.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This girl has been living with my brother since December 2013, receiving welfare benefits. My brother makes close to 70k a year, why do they need welfare? He has been supporting her and her kids. He called me asking if I could help her get a job. She has her bachelor's degree in criminal justice. I got her an interview for a job with decent pay and benefits, she told them in the interview that she can't work over 25 hours. My brother told me she will loose her food stamps if she works over 25 hours. Food stamps vs full time job with benefits. It's a juvenile correctional officer position, starting out at 25K year. She just has to pass an exam, ect. So him asking me to help her find a job and she turns it down after I asked a favor and put word in for her is me being nosey I guess. She just showed that she does not want to work and yes they have been leeching off the system for no reason.
Perhaps there is another reason she can't be a correctional officer...

Sheesh, make the report and butt out already :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">