• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Drich504

Jackson,Mississippi... I let my sister in law move in to our home... She was given a certain time frame that she could stay. We told her it was time to move out after staying with us for 7 months in May of 2019... We have been waiting for her to come and get her things from out of the house since May 2019.. can we remove the items from our house?

Just Blue

Jackson,Mississippi... I let my sister in law move in to our home... She was given a certain time frame that she could stay. We told her it was time to move out after staying with us for 7 months in May of 2019... We have been waiting for her to come and get her things from out of the house since May 2019.. can we remove the items from our house?
What type of "things" did she leave behind....ie...is this a bunch of furniture or just a few bags of cloths and such? Has she given a reason for not picking the stuff up?

adjusterjack

Send her a letter giving her a deadline date to remove her stuff and that you will dispose of it all if it's not gone by that date.

FarmerJ

Do your self a favor and create a photo inventory of her things so you have not only a record of them but visual documentation of those things condition for your record.,

LdiJ

Does she have some place she can store her things? Does she have the money to pay for a storage unit? Sometimes what you have the right to do may create more family drama than its worth.

Drich504

We have been texting her since July 3 to come get her stuff it's a washer and dryer and some other trinkets. And she had received the text by the way

Drich504

I'm not really concerned with family drama ...I want this things out of my home.. if they were worried about family drama then trust me I wouldn't be selling legal advice.. but that's besides the point.. I need to know if legally I can put them on the curb

Drich504

She left may 2019 and left her things after she was told to move out... Send to us like she was trying to use my home as a free storage unit. We told her July 3 to come get all of her stuff... Can I legally put the things curb side?

Drich504

I'm not really concerned with family drama ...I want this things out of my home.. if they were worried about family drama then trust me I wouldn't be selling legal advice.. but that's besides the point.. I need to know if legally I can put them on the curb

LdiJ

She left may 2019 and left her things after she was told to move out... Send to us like she was trying to use my home as a free storage unit. We told her July 3 to come get all of her stuff... Can I legally put the things curb side?
Not unless you give her 30 days notice (or whatever notice your state requires) that you will put the things curb side if she doesn't pick them up by the date specified. Personally I wouldn't do it at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">