• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

I didn't know, there is no need to be rude. I know that some lawyers work probono so I was asking.

Thank you for the information, it will be helpful.
I wasn't intending to be "rude"...I was honestly baffled that you would think an attorney would work for free. They have HUGE expenses...hundreds of thousands in student loan debt, Malpractice Insurance, office expenses, rent/mtg, food, health insurance, car note...etc...

How are their bill supposed to get paid if they work for free?

I apologize that I seemed rude to you...

Maymee

Contact the law school at University of Memphis to inquire about legal clinics they offer. It is there you can get advice at no cost or extremely low cost by law students who are supervised by licensed attorneys.

What has to be filed is a Show Cause. She will be summonsed to appear and explain why she has sold off items you deemed marital property.

I’m also from TN and worked many years in the legal field; that said, you desperately need an attorney if you want to have any chance at a fair split of assets.

There are plenty of attorneys in your region who supported same-sex marriages and helped fight for your rights, so those same ones will have no issue representing a party in such a divorce.

Yes, we live in a very conservative state government-wise, but there’s so many who support same sex relationships working in law. You’re choosing to be a victim (ie, I’m gay, I’m disabled, I was abandoned, no money) and THAT is likely why you can’t find an attorney willing to give a consult. All you need to say when you call to schedule an appointment is, “Hello, my name is SandyT and I have been served with a divorce summons. I would like to make an appointment with the attorney in regards to this, please.” They will likely ask the Plaintiff’s name to insure no conflict of interest but if there is none, an appointment is likely to be made. It really is that easy.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Contact the law school at University of Memphis to inquire about legal clinics they offer. It is there you can get advice at no cost or extremely low cost by law students who are supervised by licensed attorneys.

What has to be filed is a Show Cause. She will be summonsed to appear and explain why she has sold off items you deemed marital property.

I’m also from TN and worked many years in the legal field; that said, you desperately need an attorney if you want to have any chance at a fair split of assets.

There are plenty of attorneys in your region who supported same-sex marriages and helped fight for your rights, so those same ones will have no issue representing a party in such a divorce.

Yes, we live in a very conservative state government-wise, but there’s so many who support same sex relationships working in law. You’re choosing to be a victim (ie, I’m gay, I’m disabled, I was abandoned, no money) and THAT is likely why you can’t find an attorney willing to give a consult. All you need to say when you call to schedule an appointment is, “Hello, my name is SandyT and I have been served with a divorce summons. I would like to make an appointment with the attorney in regards to this, please.” They will likely ask the Plaintiff’s name to insure no conflict of interest but if there is none, an appointment is likely to be made. It really is that easy.
You need to prove your credentials to the moderators if you state you worked in the legal field.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">