• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what happens if a speeding fine isn't paid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSCAP said:
Popakeith. The non resident violator compact was not started by some strangers in a back room, but by federal modification of the original one started by states like NY & NJ.
I would not complain, even if there is a federal law involved, LSCAP, but it does make a difference in the case at hand....and in any case involving out of state citations...and I am asking. The philosophy of a "Non-Resident Violator Compact" makes sense, treating all the possibilities of circumventing due process by simply licensing one's self in a second state. But, if the matter is not federal, then inequities in laws and enforcement proceedures among the states will work to the detriment of citizens in one of those states, which means that the home state, the license issuing state of the resident may choose to balance the playing field...take a judicial hand in assuring equity may be maintained in justice to residents. Do you know, one way or another?

LSCAP

Poppakeith. I am definitely not disagreeing with you.

Back when they started this, late sixties and seventies, the movies, TV, and books all emphasized the “speed traps” and “hidden’ stop signs in other states. An Alfred Hitchcock TV movie, a picture in a magazine showing a stop sign hidden in a bush, then a cop cutting it down. And on and on.

If the local state wanted to join the compact they weren’t telling us about the guarantee of getting the ticket money, ( we were worried enough about getting caught in a trap and wouldn’t want to lose our license in out home state) but of how they would protect us from drunk drivers.

In one of those links you would see a brief statement about the states getting revenue from tickets, and much,much, more about drunk drivers.

So I and everyone else was lied to. And I agree, You are right, not all the states joined. But some may leave, and if some join later, and discover on their computers that some out of state person didn’t pay his ticket….. see what I mean. It is happening.

I came to this site to learn and share what I have learned. Not fight with people.
I was a cop. I have arrested enough. I was a training officer. I was a highway patrol officer, and gave out enough tickets. I worked "Plain clothes". I always worked in what was called an "A" house. meaning high activity precinct. NOT to be a hero, but to see life, and I believe it is safer in a high crime area then in a country club.
Thanks for talking instead of fighting.. :)

LSCAP

To Paridise.

I have deleted no statements I’ve made. I am not sure I know how to. I still haven’t learned how to box a statement.

Let me explain.
In the sixties a cop could, ( AND I HAVE) taken a person who was acting irrational, put handcuffs on him and take him to the nearest medical facility equipped to handle psychotics. There he would see a psychiatrist to be evaluated. He would either be released or committed for observation.

Around that time some homeless person in Chicago was taken to the hospital because he had thousands of dollars hidden in his clothes. Living in the street with that much money would seem irrational.
The hospital kept him a month under observation then kept him for treatment. Until the money ran out, then they discharged him.

A very good lawyer found out and started all sorts of law cases.

The result is “ a cop can put hand cuffs on you and take you for “acting irrational to a degree that you could hurt yourself, or someone else” to a hospital for evaluation.

YOU can not issue a legitimate ticket to someone who is drunk or insane, or under age.

Think about it before you speak.

Shay-Pari'e

OK! Your a bigger idiot than I thought.

1. You cannot give a drunk person a ticket?

2. Do you have the ability to tell if on is insane at a typical traffic stop?

3. Legal age? I won't even ask you to explain this one.

Curt has already asked you to provide proof of this, and you still have not. I asked for proof and you gave two links that have nothing to do with providing proof.

Thank you for your generous advice, but I do think before I speak. If I ever need your advice or a life jacket, I'll keep you in mind. Untill then, keep your useless diatribe to yourself.

LSCAP

You really are lost.

1. DRUNK DRIVERS If he was driving erratic, or while talking to the driver, at a roadblock stop, I notice the odor of an alcoholic beverage, I do the tests, determine he is DWI, arrest him, wait a minimum of two hours till he sobers up, THEN issue the ticket.

2. If you were wandering down the street babbling about stuff you know nothing about, then sit down at the curb, take a knife and start slitting your wrists, ( and if you were really lucky) some dumb (in your opinion) cop might think you were a mental case. Put cuffs on you and take you to a hospital for a professional determination.

3 Under age. If a cop saw an eight year old jaywalking, he would not give him a ticket. HE WOULD BE TOO YOUNG to be responsible.

Shay-Pari'e

LSCAP said:
You really are lost.

1. DRUNK DRIVERS If he was driving erratic, or while talking to the driver, at a roadblock stop, I notice the odor of an alcoholic beverage, I do the tests, determine he is DWI, arrest him, wait a minimum of two hours till he sobers up, THEN issue the ticket. Wrong!

2. If you were wandering down the street babbling about stuff you know nothing about, then sit down at the curb, take a knife and start slitting your wrists, ( and if you were really lucky) some dumb (in your opinion) cop might think you were a mental case. Put cuffs on you and take you to a hospital for a professional determination. You are really reaching here. This was not what was asked of you. Police are not dumb idiot, so again you are assuming.
3 Under age. If a cop saw an eight year old jaywalking, he would not give him a ticket. HE WOULD BE TOO YOUNG to be responsible.
If a cop caught 5 14 year old guys stealing a van, you are saying they can't get a ticket?

WOW,....so if I take your word for it, no 15 yr. old should be given a citation for theft............No drunk should be given a ticket? No drunk that caused a accident is not to be given a ticket?

No 14 year old drunk that stole a car and was involved in a high speed chase is not to be given a ticket because he is a minor?

Get freaking real idiot.

I will now defer you to others who would like to approach you. As far as I'm concerned, you are as dumb as a bucket of rocks.

Last edited:

LSCAP

OK anybody a lawyer around here.

my post was;

1. DRUNK DRIVERS If he was driving erratic, or while talking to the driver, at a roadblock stop, I notice the odor of an alcoholic beverage, I do the tests, determine he is DWI, arrest him, wait a minimum of two hours till he sobers up, THEN issue the ticket.

2. If you were wandering down the street babbling about stuff you know nothing about, then sit down at the curb, take a knife and start slitting your wrists, ( and if you were really lucky) some dumb (in your opinion) cop might think you were a mental case. Put cuffs on you and take you to a hospital for a professional determination.

Paridise's stated opinion.'Get freaking real idiot.

any comments from a lawyer?

Shay-Pari'e

Actually, this was your quote before you started backpeddling.

(QUOTE)To give a ticket the person must be sane, sober and of legal age. (QUOTE)

How hard is it to provide proof of this since you claimed to be a cop?

My stated opinion of you, was that you were as dumb as a bucket of rocks.

LSCAP

mmmm where is CURT?

Where are the cops and lawyers who have slammed me in the past when they thought I was wrong.

Paridise, you are fighting ALONE. On a fight I did not ask for.

Do me one favor. Get on the phone and call the local police department. Any police department in the U.S.A. Or find any active/ working cop and ask Him/Her.

Be Honest. Ask them: Does a person have to be sane, sober and old enough to be given a ticket.
BE HONEST.

Thank you.

Curt581

LSCAP said:
mmmm where is CURT?

Where are the cops and lawyers who have slammed me in the past when they thought I was wrong.

Do me one favor. Get on the phone and call the local police department. Any police department in the U.S.A. Or find any active/ working cop and ask Him/Her.

Be Honest. Ask them: Does a person have to be sane, sober and old enough to be given a ticket.
BE HONEST.

Thank you.
I'm right here, Sugar.

I also do not believe for one split second you were ever a police officer. You spout waaay too much nonsense.

People arrested for DUI are usually issued the citation before Implied Consent forms are read/issued, not AFTER an arrest/processing/chem test. You do NOT wait two hours, so someone can sober up before you conduct a chem test. There is a law in my state that a DUI must be held for 12 hours after a DUI arrest, so they can sober up enough to drive. The exception is if they can be turned over to a sober adult willing to be responsible for them.

As for Juveniles, we issue citations to juveniles ALL THE TIME. Minor in possession of alcohol comes immediately to mind, as do municipal citations for truancy.

I'm still waiting for a link to that law.

I maintain... you haven't got a clue.

LSCAP said:
mmmm where is CURT?

BE HONEST.

Thank you.
Ok... I'm also here. I was watching this unfold, not for a second thinking you were for real. Drunk? 99% of the people I cite are drunk. Nevr lost one yet because of it. Insane? Don't care. They get the ticket right there. Age? I have cited a 12 year old for not wearing a bike helmet, when he rode away after I told him to walk his bike until he gets his helmet.

So, with paridise, we win! You're statement are so wrong. Our prize? Youshut up and don't post anymore!!!! Rah rah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">