• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What steps can I take

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

I hope I answered the question.

The arrangement was made on request of my wife and I agreed to it 2 years ago.
Trouble started when I started a new relationship one year ago.
No, you didn't answer my question. I asked you why mom was denying this particular weekend. You have not responded to that question.

wooddirk

No, you didn't answer my question. I asked you why mom was denying this particular weekend. You have not responded to that question.
I will try this again....she said my drivers license has been suspended.
I have NO idea what this has to do with my visitation right and have also no idea that my drivers license is suspended.
She is just NUTS.

Quite frankly, before you go any further, I'd be calling DMV or visiting to find out if my license, was in fact, suspended or not.
That's not to say she has the right to deny visitation...that's a totally separate issue for the seniors, but you need to make sure you're not breaking any laws.

mommyof4

If she has just told you over the phone or email that she is denying your time, that's not enough to prove contempt. You need to physically go to get him and have her deny you then. Take a witness with you. Purchase something and get a receipt to show you were there. Take your court order with you. If she won't release the child, have an officer make a report to that effect. Subpeona the officer to testify.
Next time, if she gives you more warning that she is denying, there is an "intent to exercise visitation" letter at SPARC - Divorce and Custody Help you can edit and send to her, in which you quote your court order and pursuade her to cooperate.
I swear, I'm going to post a sticky.:D

In TX, when dealing with someone who will not abide by the court order, one should contact the CONSTABLE. Constables have more authority than any other law enforcement agent in the state of TX and are the ONLY law enforcement agency founded by the TX Constitution.

Constables are responsible for the service and enforcement of court orders from both the civil and criminal court.

Of course, OP, if you do happen to have a suspended license, don't DRIVE (you personally) over there and then call the constable. The constable will arrest you for driving on a suspended license. If your ex refuses to comply with the court order and the Constable's order to hand over the children per the court order, then the constable has the authority to FORCE her to comply.

Last edited:

wooddirk

Quite frankly, before you go any further, I'd be calling DMV or visiting to find out if my license, was in fact, suspended or not.
That's not to say she has the right to deny visitation...that's a totally separate issue for the seniors, but you need to make sure you're not breaking any laws.
I will find out today if it is suspended.
2 months ago I had a ticket and have not paid yet.
If it was suspended I am sure I would have been contacted.As far as my son is concerned I can drive him any were with a cab if I want to and his grandmother could bring him back without me driving and I can not see a connection of drivers license with my visitation rights.
Also I have NO intention to drive a car illegal period with or without my son.Point is that every time there is a other issue for not to bring my child and if she does there is a lot of hostile issues in precense of the little 8 year old and this all has to stop.I am sick of it and going to try to get a mediator and have a drop off point created and we do not have to meet no more for the benefit my son.
I want him happy wen he visites me and want him happy when he is with his mother.

mommyof4

I will find out today if it is suspended.
2 months ago I had a ticket and have not paid yet.
If it was suspended I am sure I would have been contacted.As far as my son is concerned I can drive him any were with a cab if I want to and his grandmother could bring him back without me driving and I can not see a connection of drivers license with my visitation rights.
Also I have NO intention to drive a car illegal period with or without my son.Point is that every time there is a other issue for not to bring my child and if she does there is a lot of hostile issues in precense of the little 8 year old and this all has to stop.I am sick of it and going to try to get a mediator and have a drop off point created and we do not have to meet no more for the benefit my son.
I want him happy wen he visites me and want him happy when he is with his mother.
I have a feeling your license is suspended. You normally do not have 60 days to pay a ticket in TX. Did you show up for your court date or mail in your plea? Notification may not have reached you as of yet, because notification is sent through the mail. You need to contact DPS TODAY to find out about the status of your license.

janM

Constables are responsible for the service and enforcement of court orders from both the civil and criminal court.

Of course, OP, if you do happen to have a suspended license, don't DRIVE (you personally) over there and then call the constable. The constable will arrest you for driving on a suspended license. If your ex refuses to comply with the court order and the Constable's order to hand over the children per the court order, then the constable has the authority to FORCE her to comply.
You're right, I forgot this is TX and they do have that ability. Is it the only state that does this?

wooddirk

I have a feeling your license is suspended. You normally do not have 60 days to pay a ticket in TX. Did you show up for your court date or mail in your plea? Notification may not have reached you as of yet, because notification is sent through the mail. You need to contact DPS TODAY to find out about the status of your license.
Thank you for all the advice and yes I went to find out.
I paid my ticket and my license is not suspended.
Also tonite 2 hrs ago my ex dropped of my son and apologized for all the trouble.
I know next time it will be a other story and drama again.
I know now what to do and will definately go and try to get a mediator appointed and make sure there will be a drop of location other than my house.
Again thanks for all your help and just wish my son would not be in the middle of this all the time.:(

Ps: I never got a notification or letter or court date in the mail and never knew about it.
My ex knew from my son about the ticket and was just bluffing.
Also time does not go that fast as I tought..the ticket was given 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">