• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When does a Parenting Plan ends?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Visitation has been denied for my 2 minor children and my adult child

Visitation has been denied for all the children. My 18 year old daughter has a mental handicap disabilities to prevent her from supporting herself once she graduate high school. The mom went to court and was granted to be my daughter full legal guardianship and conservator upon her 18th birthday. I am obligated to pay child support on my 18 year old until she turns 21 or becomes self support herself which ever comes first. The court found her to not be emancipated until 21 years of age. I am returning to court because the mom had not followed her parenting plan that she establish. She has plan events and other things on my weekends and I have file police reports on these fact. I am stuck on preparing the new parenting plan so I can take mom back to court to change the parenting plan. I am having trouble because since my 18 year old is consider as an adult I'm not sure if I am to add her to the new parenting plan since the judge granted her to shall not be emancipated until 21 years old.
Again, these are two separate cases. You may or may not be awarded visitation with your 18 year old. You may or may not be given joint guardianship/conservatorship over your 18 year old. However, it will be separate from your case regarding your minor children.

As another poster suggested, you need to file for contempt against mom for denying your parenting time with the minor children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">