• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whistleblower SOL and contingency fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bill Johns

I have run across my share of idiots in my life but this has never led me to the conclusion that all people are idiots. I do not think making generalizations is smart.

Good luck.
I don't like to fall into generalization either. But when you reach into a bag of apples over and over and each time bring out a different rotten one, a thinking person has to start wondering if that's the only kind in there. I've grabbed a lot of apples in hopes of finding a good one and avoiding legal action.

Bill Johns

Fine, then don't. But in that case, don't expect us to be able to respond.
You can be sure I expect don't expect anything from anyone. But I have posed several questions that if answered even in a general way would shed more light on my legal case than it currently enjoys.

Bill Johns

Then please pay an attorney to answer them.
These are questions that came from my 7 dollar per minute consultation with an attorney. I got few questions answered (except that my report should qualify me for protection by 181.932) but several questions raised by his doubts and fears. I don't see the answers as being worth hundreds of dollars more. He is afraid of complications that could lead to him not winning; I'm not worried by having to present the details of my case, many of which he didn't make time to listen to. I'm also not afraid to lose. I have nothing left to lose.

Anyway I thank Quincy for his help. The other questions that nobody else wants to touch will get answered as my case moves forward, one way or another.

Bill Johns

The other questions that nobody else wants to touch will get answered as my case moves forward, one way or another.
And they'll probbaly have to get answered by me or by unpleasant experiences with the legal system, and I'd rather it be the former. Regarding the questions I've posed, I should probably assume there is case law that amends or interprets the literal meaning of the statutes. Is there a way to research the case law as it regards my specific questions without reading every single case for the 30 year existence of the Minnesota Whistleblower law?

BigBenny

I've provided multiple questions in post #37 and #39 which provide opportunities to respond with legal feedback, suggestions or advice but instead you've chosen to criticise me and the lack of detail in my posts (again).

The statute that I believe was violated is unique to my case. Identifying the statute identifies me.

At least one of the 2 major retaliatory actions is unique to my case. I've not found a single person, attorney or public agency who can recall this action being taken against anyone except me. Identifying the action would identify me. I'm not going to identify myself in a public forum.
What are your damages as a result of their Retaliation against you? It seems that in many cases, a judge will not rule in your favor unless there is something that greatly affected you as a result of retaliation, even if there was something unlawful concerning the retaliation (which in itself is probably unlawful).

From the sound of it, you may be better off just getting on with your life and not pursuing something that can disrupt your life for years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">