• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is at fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Walk3r1

What is the name of your state?North Carolina.

Okay, 3 Vehicles involved in an accident.
2 lane highway route 52 south at buiness 40 exit east exit ramp.
Vehicle 1 Semi truck left lane, abruptly slows down, turns at almost 90° Angle crossing right lane, to get on the ramp he Almost missed, front left tire was in the grass at one point to the left.

Vehicle 2, 4 door sedan, In the right lane about 30 to 40 feet from Vehicle 1, has slowed down to about 15-20 mph.

Vehicle 3 blue sedan, left lane behind vehicle 1, in front of vehicle 4, and ahead of vehicle 2, slows to 15 - 20 mph, swerves to the left and go around the back of vehicle 1 when space opens.

Vehicle 4 Dumb truck left lane traveling 30 to 40 mph, swerves right to miss vehicle 3, and slams into Vehicle 2's driver side door and front quater right panel. Continuing up the on ramp and almost hit Vehicle 1. Traveling another 30 to 40 feet.

I belive both vehicles would be at fault, but where would this leave the insurance companys. I know blame game will come into it, but not sure how the contributory law would be applied if at all.

Walk3r1

Vehicle 4 is solely at fault for not leaving adequate space ahead.
The insurance company's are trying to place blame.

I have advised Vehicle 4, insurance of this fact. They still are blaming the other.

So this will be a fun time for me. lol

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The insurance company's are trying to place blame.

I have advised Vehicle 4, insurance of this fact. They still are blaming the other.

So this will be a fun time for me. lol
Your insurance should defend you.

adjusterjack

I am Vehicle 2
Then you are making a claim against Vehicle 4's insurance.

If you have Collision coverage and you don't get a positive response from Vehicle 4's insurance within a couple of days I strongly suggest that you use your Collision coverage and let your company go after whoever is responsible for reimbursement.

Walk3r1

Then you are making a claim against Vehicle 4's insurance.

If you have Collision coverage and you don't get a positive response from Vehicle 4's insurance within a couple of days I strongly suggest that you use your Collision coverage and let your company go after whoever is responsible for reimbursement.
Yeah, Vehicle 4 insurance totaled the car and paid for it. Is now saying Vehicle 1, is at fault. (Vehicle 1 continued down the high way, he did not cause damage to anyone and may not have even seen the wreck.)
Now that Vehicle 1 was identified, Vehicle 4 insurance is now claiming Vehicle 1 is at fault.

Even sending an email saying claim denied.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Yeah, Vehicle 4 insurance totaled the car and paid for it. Is now saying Vehicle 1, is at fault. (Vehicle 1 continued down the high way, he did not cause damage to anyone and may not have even seen the wreck.)
Now that Vehicle 1 was identified, Vehicle 4 insurance is now claiming Vehicle 1 is at fault.

Even sending an email saying claim denied.
Did they pay out the claim and then ask for the money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">