• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wokers Comp Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

6821massey

My interpretation is "regular or base salary including diiferencials, footnote". "Net regular or regular salary" is for defining for average salary calculation not for defining "regular or salary". Is it not?

6821massey

Also my worker comp reaches to maximum pay Ca state specified. That is why my employer has to come up supplement to make up difference between 70% of my regular pay and workers comp per union contract I posted in the beginning. So what is "regular pay"? That is the problem between me and Payyroll/Human Resources,

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, but net pay is net pay no matter what you're doing. Just because you have chosen to define it as being before deductions doesn't mean that everyone else has to define it the same way. The definition of net pay IS gross pay minus deductions.

W

Willlyjo

How is cbg correcting blatantly false information "nit picking," Willly?
What false info? Calculations of TTD/PTD benefits in Ca. IS 2/3rds of Gross wages! Where is the "blatantly false" information here?! :rolleyes:

ecmst12

Apparently there can be exceptions, which you stated there are none. And since this thread is asking about supplemental pay, it has nothing whatsoever to do with your "information" anyway.

W

Willlyjo

Willy, if you hadn't said, in bold type, no exceptions, then I wouldn't have said a word. But you did, and that's just not the case. If you're going to make blatantly wrong statements like that, then someone is going to call you on it. This time it was me.
My point is...is that the calculation is based on 2/3rds of one's gross wages and that is a fact "without exception"! Even though there is cap, you still have to figure 2/3rds of one's gross pay up to the cap in order to deterimine benefits. I didn't say the calculations were 2/3rds of gross beyond the cap because there is no such calculations. Therefore, the calculation for disability benefits in Ca. is based on 2/3rds of one's gross wages. There are no exceptions listed that would make this statement blatantly wrong at all. ;)

The fact is, you misinterpreted my post and quincy agreed with your misinterpretation, so you are both wrong. :rolleyes:

W

Willlyjo

It's the No Exceptions part that's blatantly false, willy
So tell me then, what is the exception that would make my statement 'TTD benefits are calculated at 2/3rds of gross wages, no exception', inaccurate or blatantly false?

W

Willlyjo

Isn't that kind of obvious?:confused:
I agree! I guess I should have posted my statement to include '2/3rds of gross wages BEFORE THE CAP--no exceptions' Sorry CBG! I didn't put into exact words what I was thinking. ;)

6821massey

Net pay is net pay. Cbg, you are right but how do you reconcile two conflict wordings between 70% of gross pay and net pay? It is much easier in writing 70% of net pay than "xxxx 70% of hisher xxxx" on union contract. Can anybody clear this conflict phrases?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">